MSFS is good enough for me

While some may have had an expectation that they could simply drop in add-ons for previous sims, Asobo and Microsoft never advertised or claimed this as a feature. On the other hand they did say that they viewed this as a 10 year project multiple times in various interviews and updates.

deleted

@ Cobalt who asked "What exactly are the expectations you had that are unmet? Please be precise -- "

My reply would be:

That there would be usable ATC

That there would be usable Traffic

That older planes from FSX and P3d would be usable in the sim

That users would be able to record and replay flights

That the weather engine would be stable and reliable

That it would look remotely similar to the videos used to hype it.

There was, to my recollection, no mention that this would be far from complete almost two years after release and that it was in fact a "ten year project"

Others have already answered several of these. As to your first two items, (1) there IS usable ATC (I use it on every flight; it may not be to your liking but it IS usable), and (2) there is LOTS of traffic (not sure what you mean by "usable" but it is there), and there are add-ons (some freeware) that enhance it.

The fact that you expected to be able to import planes from older sims suggests that you are not well informed about the MSFS project. As to your last comment, there was a detailed description of the project prior to launch in which it was made clear that it was to extend for at least 10-years -- sorry you missed it. Is it unreasonable that it a 10-year project would still be "far from complete" 20 months after launch?

Regarding videos: I have had the opportunity to fly over several of the areas shown in the Microsoft-Asobo videos, and generally speaking I see very little difference from what was "advertised". The recent Iberia update, for example, is as spectacular as the video.

If you don't like MSFS, don't use it. But uninformed griping about unmet expectations at this stage, given the revolutionary advance that MSFS represents, is unwarranted.

Edited by cobalt

I cannot believe the double standards is all I will say

What double standards? Oh, you mean it's OK to come into the MSFS 2020 forum just to denigrate the simulator and the people who enjoy using it? All while being disrespectful and argumentative towards everyone? But dare not go into the FS2004 forum and do the same thing? Brodie, maybe you can tell us how many MSFS 2020 users go into the FS2004 forum and pull a "Mark Daniels" just for the thrill of it and to get the threads shut down. I don't know who or how many do that since I hardly ever post there, so please enlighten me. I would really like to know. Or are you just going to swipe this post, also?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I guess people will always find a reason to complain, but the combination of graphics, weather effects, aircraft modeling, and the fact that nearly the entire world is mapped out to fly over is amazing and unparalleled in any other consumer flight sim on the market. I really don't understand why there is such hate for such an outstanding product! There is literally no other flight sim that has all of the features that MSFS 2020 provides.

I guess people will always find a reason to complain, but the combination of graphics, weather effects, aircraft modeling, and the fact that nearly the entire world is mapped out to fly over is amazing and unparalleled in any other consumer flight sim on the market. I really don't understand why there is such hate for such an outstanding product! There is literally no other flight sim that has all of the features that MSFS 2020 provides.

Here Here! Great start for a first post to the forums. Agree with you 100%