I would not be surprised to find that my question has already been addressed in another post or posts. If so, just provide the link and I will get my education there.

I would like to be able to create a flight plan in MSFS 2020 then fly that plan somewhat manually in a jet liner (Airbus, Boeing, etc.). I would like to use autopilot without any "connection" between the FMC and AP so that I can manually set the altitude, heading, speed, etc. without having to "override" the "managed" settings in the FMC.

I want to be able to see the flight plan using the moving map display but be able to use the AP as described above to follow it. I would like to do this from beginning to end including using ILS and APPR.

Is this possible?

I can generate a flight plan with LittleNavMap and fly it without loading it into the FMC, but my recent experience has shown a disconnect between LittleNavMap and flight plans generated with MSFS. I.E. I can create a flight plan with MSFS, save it and load it into LittleNavMap, but the departure and arrival waypoints are different - almost as if LittleNavMap does not have some of the waypoints that MSFS has. My experience has also shown me that LittleNavMap seldom has the same Departure and Arrival procedures as those in MSFS and vice versa.

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ken in Kansas (Yes, we are NCAA basketball champions this year.)

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

There's nothing to stop you manually instructing the autopilot what to do as regards altitude, speed and direction even with a flightplan loaded. I'm only familiar with the A32NX ( FBW version) which should do what you want and you can "follow" the course etc on the MFD by simply using the manual rather than managed modes. It's not unusual for me to have to instruct the autopilot during a flight............. Without a FP loaded you are dependant on an external flight following programme.

As regards integration with LNM, out of the box they don't always agree and really the only way round it is to use the exact same database, such as Navigraph but to get it in sync you'd really need to subscribe to Navigraph and get the latest data, which can also be loaded into LNM - their help files show you how and how to get the best out of it if you don't already know.

Thanks for the response, Terry. I have been trying to used the "selected" vs "managed" mode, but am having a lot of difficulty getting the selected mode to be accepted for any of the AP settings. I keep being instructed to "middle click" an AP button - don't know what "middle click" means and my roller ball mouse does not have a middle button. It does have a middle wheel that is clickable but that does not seem to accomplish anything.

As for subscribing to Navigraph, I have a multitude of subscriptions as it is and don't really want to spend any additional monies on another one, but thanks for that information and explanation as to the descrepencies between MSFS and LNM.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit