G1000 Approach Transition

Anyone encounter this?

Approach, enter PROC RNAV XXL Transition to Intersection and when ACTIVATE, the GPS swings 180 Degrees away from the Intersection. I'm heading right at the Transition WPT and it's happened more than once. Anyways, I've flown real-life and never seen this. If I select the flight plan at the beginning of the flight, it flies the entire approach and transition correctly.

Anyone encounter this?

Approach, enter PROC RNAV XXL Transition to Intersection and when ACTIVATE, the GPS swings 180 Degrees away from the Intersection.

Are you using the stock G1000 or the alternative Working Title G1000 NXi (available in the marketplace)? And what flavor approach have you been doing -- ILS or RNAV? I use the NXi. After selecting either an RNAV or ILS approach in the NXi's MFD (I no longer use the World Map to upload flight plans), I click on "load" to "activate" the approach later. Then at the IAF or between the IAF and the FAF, I arm the approach by either mouse-clicking the APR button on the plane's control panel, or by pressing the APR button on my Logitech multi-panel. If everything's working correctly -- if I'm at the right altitude to catch the ILS glide slope (or the glide path if I'm doing an LPV RNAV approach with vertical guidance to the RWY)--the plane will descend while staying on course. Some months back there was a problem like the one you cited with an early version of the WT G1000 NXi. You'd arm the approach and the plane would veer 90 degrees off course. There was a workaround for that, but I no longer remember what it was. In any case Working Title resolved that issue quite a while ago.

You mentioned you are a pilot, IRL. Good on you! I'll never get there. I take it you've flown a plane or planes with the G1000. What plane have you flown? And was the Garmin a 1000 or a 1000 NXi? Working Title's G1000 NXi works much more like the real thing than the sim's stock G1000 does. One of these days the stock G1000 will go away and the NXi will become the sim's default Garmin in that class.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5