Since last FS2020 Update, ists unstable and problems with cockpit view change

Hi All

My FS2020 has been rather stable all this time and ever since the last update which was made to the software/game, I have been experiencing odd behaviour, like when changing cockpit view from internal to external, the flying controls would freeze and there was no response on the flying controls. When reverting back to internal view, they were still frozen with no response. After some time they resumed which is of course very annoying and unflyable that way.

Now having loaded it up again, it just start crashing the game.

Anyone else having had similar behaviour?

Hi,

Many of us used to have an issue, in which the throttle and rudder controls would freeze up if a pop up menu was open (eg: map) and the mouse/cursor was positioned over this pop up. However, this has now been fixed with the latest update.. or rather it has for me at least, but maybe you’re having the same problem? Does it freeze with all aircraft.. do you have any popup screens open when it happens?

Might be an idea to list your pc specs too.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Can you post your computer specs in detail. That may help identify a potential problem.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi,

Many of us used to have an issue, in which the throttle and rudder controls would freeze up if a pop up menu was open (eg: map) and the mouse/cursor was positioned over this pop up. However, this has now been fixed with the latest update.. or rather it has for me at least, but maybe you’re having the same problem? Does it freeze with all aircraft.. do you have any popup screens open when it happens?

Might be an idea to list your pc specs too.

Regards

Steve

Steve, this is not fixed yet on my system. Mouse in a undocked window still freezes all control surfaces etc..

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi Steve, Plainsman

Sorry for the late reply here. I finally "Reset" FS2020, which seems to have rebooted it back to default settings and seems to behave now. I still find this very strange having had this happen. It was with any aircraft.

My specs are: Intel Core i7 11700K 3.6 GHz 8 Core, Asus Prime B560 Plus ATX Motherboard, 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2666 Memory, 2 x Crucial P1 1TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Video Card

Hope this helps

Thanks

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

glad the reset did the trick & it’s all working again :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles