Auto pilot A32NX won't connect on climb out .

I have trawled the FBW documentation, but I still cannot engage the autopilot on climb out in the A32NX .

There is just a beep beep and it won't connect .

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Maybe I am missing an entry in the MCDU .

I have the A32NX Development mode installed.

It does not occur in the A320NEO model .

HP Gaming Desktop 790-00xx Windows 10 Home . Version 1909

Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

RAM 16.0GB 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.

DirectX 12

Hmmm I don’t have this issue. Have you watched tutorial videos? They helped me. Edited by kingnorris
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Have this problem too, have watched various vids and read all of FBW's articles and still cannot work it out. I find myself handflying the aircraft until I'm settled into an on-course climb and then the AP will engage and be fine for the rest of the flight.

Only thing that has been suggested is that the throttle isn't properly in the "Climb" detent before selecting AP but it all looks okay to me, even re-calibrated the throttle just to be sure.

In case it was a controller problem I've messed about a bit with my USB connections and got rid of the USB3 powered hub I've been using - just got to test it out now.

I just read that myself, as for the first time, I had that happen. I had “A.Floor” then my AP shut off and I also got “toga LK” message. Seems my throttles weren’t right on takeoff.

This plane is difficult to learn for sure, but I’m slowly getting there.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home