Unnecessary Files

I don't know if this has been answered before, I searched and couldn't find an answer. I removed all the discovery flights and flight training files because I don't need them, but when I re-started MSFS and it immediately gave me a mandatory update and re-installed all the files I removed. I was under the impression that it wouldn't do this unless I allowed it ?????

Hi, when you say you removed them… I presume you deleted them from the content manager?

Just to test it, I’ve just done it myself. It took several boring minutes.. going through the list..deleting each discovery and training flight..and confirming this each time.

Exited and restarted the sim… no mandatory update though. I’ve gone back into the content manager and selected them all, for reinstalling now.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

That’s the correct way. However, unlike if you want to reinstall them.. there’s no “select all” option, so it’s a case of selecting one…pressing delete..and then conforming it. Then the next one..

Quite a laborious job but only takes a few minutes,

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

That’s the correct way. However, unlike if you want to reinstall them.. there’s no “select all” option, so it’s a case of selecting one…pressing delete..and then conforming it. Then the next one..

Quite a laborious job but only takes a few minutes,

Regards

Steve

I assume valero's purpose is to save time in opening the sim. But how much time would you save by eliminating all the discovery and training flights? It takes me about 8 minutes, with ample add-ons in Community.

I don’t know why he wants to remove them. Maybe it’s to save loading time…. maybe drive space. I rarely use them myself, so if I am ever stuck for space I might be tempted to do the same.

Regards

Steve

You’re welcome :)

Regards

Steve