Ch yoke

NEBOJSA

I am having issues calibrating the CH YOKE. After years of not having a problem except where a pitch potentiometer needed to be replaced i am having issues with the ailerons. Elevator and Throttles work fine.

One side is slightly up and the other side is slightly down and you wind up going in circles. If i reset the yoke to default then the ailerons dont work.

Usually a fly Level-D767 and thought that it is a Level-D issue but not. All the aircraft have this problem.

I have uninstalled CH YOKE , uninstalled FS9 and then reinstalled ONLY FS9 with NO YOKE. I tried the default Boeing 737 and 747 bye starting at the runway set up for t/o using the keyboard only. I was able to go straight down the rwy no problem.

But after installing the yoke, the problem came back. I tried to cabriite with minimum improvement. When i go to calibrate the yoke the first part where you have to go in a circle with the yoke, that little + is constantly moving around with out me touching the yoke.

Makes me wonder is it the yoke itself. Is there a driver that i need to update. I am using Win10

Nebojsa,

To me it sounds like a "crackling" or dirty potentiometer, especially when your yolk is already some years old and that your little calibration "+" is very unstable without you even touching your yolk. You may therefore need to install a new potentiometer, to adjust it's center wiper position and internal yolk mechanics so that it coincides with level ailerons, a centered adjustment position and horizontal yolk grips. No easy task though and I can speak from experience !!

Are you able to get your ailerons to move beyond their now incorrect position via your yolk ?

Are you sure that your yolk's internal mechanics are correctly connected to the potentiometer in question and so that it's center position is at all adjustable ? Do your ailerons move when you try to adjust their middle position ?

If you have the possibility to test with any other yolk before trying to dig into your existing one, then that would be your best way to go initially but I must assume that you have already thought of something like that yourself.

To me, the contents of your post do not sound like a driver issue.

A new yolk all together maybe ?

Good luck.

Hans

Nebojsa,

To me it sounds like a "crackling" or dirty potentiometer, especially when your yolk is already some years old and that your little calibration "+" is very unstable without you even touching your yolk. You may therefore need to install a new potentiometer, to adjust it's center wiper position and internal yolk mechanics so that it coincides with level ailerons, a centered adjustment position and horizontal yolk grips. No easy task though and I can speak from experience !!

Are you able to get your ailerons to move beyond their now incorrect position via your yolk ?

Are you sure that your yolk's internal mechanics are correctly connected to the potentiometer in question and so that it's center position is at all adjustable ? Do your ailerons move when you try to adjust their middle position ?

If you have the possibility to test with any other yolk before trying to dig into your existing one, then that would be your best way to go initially but I must assume that you have already thought of something like that yourself.

To me, the contents of your post do not sound like a driver issue.

A new yolk all together maybe ?

Good luck.

Hans

I took apart the yoke everything inside looks connected ok to me. Potentiometer problem was something a was thinking. I can move the ailerons from the current position to even worse position only. The yoke is over 20yrs old so it might be a a potentiometer issue. I will look into that before i get a another yoke.

Nebojsa,

Oops !! I must have pressed a wrong button somewhere and which evidently resulted in a double post.

At my PC club where one of the active groups is FS, we still use the same CH yolk as you are using but the club is still closed due to corona, so that I cannot look into it there, at least not yet. However, I seem to remember from many years ago and when we were installing this yolk, that we did not need a specific driver for it in our Win7 setup. I also vaguely remember that there were a number of choices for yolk/stick types and that calibration actually took place somewhere in Win7 itself as part of the "properties" related to the connected yolk ?

Could it therefore be that you have selected an incorrect yolk/stick type in your Win? and especially because you say that your aileron positions can only get worse from their now incorrect center position.

Hans

Interesting. Will have to look into it. I have been using the same yoke starting with FS98,2000,2004

WIN98,XP,7,10

It ran fine in Win10 and then the problem slowly started to appear to the current problem. I will replace the potentiometer, since it is only a few dollars and go from there.