FSX Ground Vehicle Models

Mattie941

Hi,

I recently installed the trial version of GSX and uninstalled once I had checked it out. However, some airport ground vehicle models still exist without textures (see image). I've tried reverting to a backup of my Simobjects/Groundvehicles folder and restored old backups of the veh_air_*** files in the Scenery/Global/Texture folder, but the black models still remain.

Where can I find and delete these ground vehicle models to restore the FSX default vehicles?

y4mjIXiMufWZjWdeyMPthPOIadm6RAuq0Y0hkcKjE8KxcaQ4GJjFJ59RzLRkNUWlZR1E1awm7Y9n_OU8kGHJ55_LTUlE1JDk4wOt0qOq2mjqO5gjhtY169TV7e0EkSr068q4ZHmmOnZGRtptv9TzTCtq94ct5xjLYoCZj8pAFJwc9RLFiG2nOo8TxQgZGT_6BBz?width=1920&height=1017&cropmode=none

Cheers,

Matt

UKV1260spacer.png

2.gif

Maybe that was why it was a 'trail version' - UTX has a button that says: restore all FSX scenery, same as: undo all changes made by the program sofar, sure GEX must have the same somewhere. What happens if you uninstall the trail version in: Control panel\Programs\etc ?

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Hi - yes I uninstalled GSX via the control panel. I even reinstalled it to uninstall it again to see if that would fix the problem but no fix so far.

I decompiled the vehciles_airport.bgl to see what models were being pulled and I couldn't see any without a texture.

UKV1260spacer.png

2.gif

Maybe that was why it was a 'trail version' - UTX has a button that says: restore all FSX scenery, same as: undo all changes made by the program sofar, sure GEX must have the same somewhere. What happens if you uninstall the trail version in: Control panel\Programs\etc ?

He is asking about GSX. GEX is entirely different and associated with flight1 UTX

Looks like you have had more luck with your post on Avsim.

Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I read your reply there. I'll post the abreviated version to help explain.

by: Mattie941

Thanks for the replies all. I found the issue and have a solution. The fault was not with GSX (sorry for the accusation). The fault was a mixture of another scenery and my meddling.

The scenery used custom ground vehicles and updated the LWCFG.spb file to use these custom vehicles.

Due to the limitations of my setup, I move my scenery folders to another drive, outside of my main FSX root folder. However, doing this meant that the fallback in the texture.cfg for new ground vehicles in the Simobjects/Groundvehicles folder could no longer locate the necessary textures because they were not in the Addon Scenery folder.

I can think of 3 solutions for this:

1) Move the scenery back to the Addon Scenery folder in the FSX root directory

2) Copy the textures from ....

3) Find ...

For the

Fallback= ../etc etc.

(Fallback= ../Addon scenery/etc.)

to work all you probably need to do is change the name of the folder that your scenery is in to "addon scenery".

So if you moved if from your fsx install on C:\

to:

F:\my_fsx_stuff\payware scenery\..

change that path to:

to:

F:\my_fsx_stuff\addon scenery\..

or maybe:

F:\my_fsx_stuff\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\addon scenery\..

With your scenery folders in a folder that is called "Addon scenery" again the fallback should work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]