almost all default jets and airliners Auto pilot problems

do you think Microsoft will ever address the problems with the autopilot controls on aircraft.

Each jet and or airliner has some problem with the autopilot functions. Either the heading don't hold the air speed doesn't hold, altitude doesn't hold....most aspects of autopilot works but each aircraft has at least one function on autopilot that does not work.

Then their is the actual aircraft flying on course, and all of a sudden it does some crazy ass turn on its own, and will not fly as the autopilot is set to do.

WTF

is it just me, or is this for everyone. If it is everyone then Microsoft needs to stop making the planet look good, and make the air craft fly correctly....

hobbitrocks

I am with you 100%! When I flew with FX I was mostly playing airline pilot, using AP was straightforward and convenient. With MSFS I have become a GA pilot - no more long or intercontinental flights because of the problems you describe. Hope ASOBO will wake up and hire the competent designers they need.

Ooops! I thought I was posting in the fsx forum. (my fix was for the fsx Boeing 747.). Confusing name, MSFS, it is.

It used to be the term for "all fs sims" of the old FS series. And I often typed Msfs gauge/plane into search boxes. That "msfs" term helped find results for fsx and fs9. Both useful for my fsx.

Anyway, disregard the link in my previous post.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am with you 100%! When I flew with FX I was mostly playing airline pilot, using AP was straightforward and convenient. With MSFS I have become a GA pilot - no more long or intercontinental flights because of the problems you describe. Hope ASOBO will wake up and hire the competent designers they need.

I haven’t done a long haul yet, took me some time just to figure out the Cessna Citation AP.

And since there’s no way to speed up the sim that I’ve found, I don’t have hours to spend at my computer. Lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Now that you mention it, I find the control of Sim Rate real strange. The program says to use R + or -, but on my computer that gives me forward or wide view. However, on my Thrustmaster t-16000M HOTAS joystick the standard programming gives me Sim Rate + or - on two buttons, but I have no idea what the equivalent keyboard commands would be.

I fly the Cessna Citation with a couple of mods(Working Title G3000 and the Dakfly mod) . I find it flies like a dream and follows the AP and flightplan well.

I can't say about other long haul jets because I don't use them. There's probably mods for these too and although we shouldn't have to mod them to make them work well , if the mods are there, why not try them, if it saves having to wait for Asobo to catchup.

Happy flying

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I fly the jetliners and the bigger turboprops, as well as the payware Aerosoft CRJ. When I first got started with my Logitech yoke, I had problems with planes veering off from the desired course when using the autopilot. Others on the forum were reporting same, and the fix for me was to reduce sensitivity settings and increase the dead-zone a little for my yoke.