FSX disappears while loading scenery files

allanlowson

I am increasingly running into an occasional problem with the FSX window disappearing while loading.

The info box showing the percentage scenery files etc which have been loaded remains in the middle of the screen but the main FSX window disappears into the bottom bar - and stays there.

When the scenery loading reaches 100% that info window disappears and I am left with the desktop and the sound of the aircraft engine running in the sim.

But no amount of "alt tab" or clicks on the FSX button on the bottom bar will coax FSX back into view. This can happen when loading pre-saved flights as well as when creating a new flight.

Any suggestions - apart from dust off my copy of P3D and go through the angst of loading scenery and a/c for the next few weeks!

Cheers,

Allan

Hello

I too get this problem with Fs9 occasionally.

My solution is to press CTRL,ALT, DELETE. This opens TASK MANAGER

This, in turn, brings up a menu of various options concerning running processes (including Fs9)

I select the option to close Fs9, then restart the SIM as normal (using its desktop icon), it then opens correctly and is ready to go.

Maybe worth a try.

Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Hi, I too get this problem (double Screen, window mode), if I start ADE while FSX is running. I have to close FSX (close window) and to start FSX new, so it works. So I start usually ADE bevor starting FSX. It couldn't be a heating problem, because the problem comes if I start the PC for the first time in the day also.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.