Engine Start Problems

I have been using the Baron and King Air aircraft for many months now and always use my Honeycomb yoke and throttle hardware to start these aircraft from cold/dark. However, now, the plane initially starts ok, but when I switch the magneto switch back to both the engines stop. I have tried various things to remedy this ie following the check list, but to no avail. If I start the fight at the runway the engines run perfectly.

I’m getting a bit frustrated with this, so would appreciate any help.

I have not flown the King Air. I exclusively use the Baron. The only time I have a problem starting it is when I forget to turn the fuel valves on the floor on or push the mixture handle full forward. I'm sure this isn't your problem, though. Maybe some more information on what may have changed (addons, an update, etc) might help shed some light on your problem.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I have no addons at all , other than the Honeycomb software. I have deliberately left it raw, to avoid the very thing I’m now experiencing. As mentioned, the engines start and run, but as soon is move from start to both on the magneto switch both engines stop. It definitely did not always do this. Perhaps I should reinstall the honeycomb software/ driver?

This is my setup

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X Graphics Card, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, 12 Cores / 24 Threads, 3.7 - 4.8GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) Motherboard, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory (2 x 16GB Sticks), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive, 1TB Samsung 870 QVO Solid State Drive.

Hi speedbird. Have you tried another aircraft to check if the same happens? That might narrow the possibilities of what's causing the issue.

Another thing to do is to try the auto start (ctrl-e, I think). I know that's not how you'd like to do it, but it could also narrow down the possibilities.

Before removing the honeycomb software just yet, first try simply unplugging the yoke and using only the mouse and keyboard.

You also mention the King Air, but that's a turboprop - so no magnetos. I'm not sure what to make of that - are you having trouble getting it to start too?

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I don’t think it’ll be anything to do with the honeycomb yoke, or it’s software.

It’s more likely to be the sim or bug with the aircraft itself. I don’t fly the Kingair but I’ve just had a quick go. The engines start.. and they stay on when I move the switch back to both. However, my throttle levers didn’t work at first. Once airborne I lost all the electrics.

It’s not one I usually fly so not a problem for me, but I reckon it must have a few bugs

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles