Button assignments - Total Number for FSX

NPFsx-RET

All - While ago used Logitech 3D pro Joystick. It was replaced by Virpil FSX with Mongoose T-50 base, and in FSX - Accl pack, works fine. Also have Honeycomb Bravo unit, and it worked fine, but was way too big for my desk space. So, got Virpil VPC Mongoose T-50 CM3 Throttle unit.

And the issues started. Physical throttles on unit are 2. But for 4 engine planes need to bind engines 1-2 to physical throttle 1 and 3-4 to physical throttle 2. Controls Section will not allow that. Not sure if the total number built into sim allows some of my other assignments. Thought I got some of them the other evening, but now not sure.

My question: how many total button and lever assignments does FSX allow? Because, thought I had the battery switch assigned, and now it's not showing up, also a few others.

So are/is there an aftermarket package which allows more assignments to new Throttle Unit. I would hate to have to take FSX off PC, it's has been my Goto flight sim, because MSFS-2020 mostly is a mess as spend more time tweaking things to get them to work, than actual flying. Plus, my favorite plane I bought several years ago the Virtavia C-17, and it (old) works much better than the freeware version currently available, and also better than the purchased on in XP-11. Actually, same problem in XP-11, two physical throttles, and need to assign 4 engines, nope cannot do that either.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated in this, would hate to lose FSX, actually will never get rid of the program, it will be with me till the end.

You will need Fsuipc to set throttles for mylti engine (Fsuipc with registration needed).

You can create a seperate key-profile for each plane so throttles and keys are set correctly when you switch to a new plane.

Also, sometimes switches are not operated by a standard comand. A payware aircraft might use it's own script when you click the battery switch instead of the basic "battery on/off" command.

Fsuipc can 'listen' for what happens when you click a switch and will then let you assign a keypress to the switch.

Read the description here:

https://secure.simmarket.com/john-dowson-fsuipc7-for-msfs.phtml

And see here:

http://www.fsuipc.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I got e-mail back from Virpil. SIMPLE, don't need FUSPIC or anything else.

In the Virpil software Profile box, in the bottom middle, you check Keyboard Map keys 33-128. Doing that will allow you to configure buttons and switches to work in FSX. I have now setup my CM-3 Throttle device and will create a thread explaining exactly what to do. NOW, all the young whiz kids can then lambaste me over it, but on my Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly, without having one extra piece of software needed. Look for my post.