FSX and Windows10

sgtoro

So I have been away from FSX for couple of years messing around with X-Plane. I loaded my FSX on to a new computer with Windows 10 and noticed a few things are not right. Several of my add on planes will not load completely. My three Captain Sim planes (C-130, 757 and 767) are not loading everything like the instruments, a lot of the cockpit switches and even the landing gear are not visible on one of them. I also get the following error when FSX first loads:

Product Activation Error

We're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from completed

Error code 1-80004005

I have registered this version several times.

Is all this due to Windows 10 and if so, is there a fix or should I give up and go back to X-Plane or try the new Microsoft Flight Simulator?

I have literally hundreds of add on planes, scenery and other stuff that I would like to keep with FSX.

Thanks for any help or advice

Rich

Can i say again!! There is no problem with FSX and Windows10. Your activation problem has been covered on this forum ad infinitum. Just do search. It involves a registry tweak. This may resolve your addon issues but they look to be a different problm altogether??

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

First and foremost, make sure you install FSX in the root of C drive or another drive outside of the programs folder. You may want to have a look through this website's suggestions. https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-windows-10/