CTD back with a vengeance

After fairly good performance post update 7 (?) with CTD fairly rare, they are back like an aggressive cancer. Many times I can only run for about 10-15 minutes before the telltale sound drop-out and boom! Hello desktop. That's if I am lucky. Other times I can only get in a few seconds before crash. Does ASOBO just have to dole out CTD to satisfy the CTD gods? Not again! :mad: Edited by Ducktooth
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Has your graphics card driver been updated by any chance? The latest nvidia drivers (497.09) have been causing CTDs for a lot of people. If you’ve got them installed, try going back to older drivers

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

New nVidia driver 497.29 is reported to fix the CTD problem with the .09 version, so, install the new driver if you don't want to go back to an old one.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

What control devices are you using? Try unhooking everything except mouse and keyboard. If you no longer get crashes, add back just a joystick. If that works fine add each controller until it returns. I am suspicious you may have an assignment conflict??
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

*sigh

Even with a new “monster pc” I have on order, I’m staying away from MSFS.

Sounds like more trouble than it’s worth. What a shame.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

*sigh

Even with a new “monster pc” I have on order, I’m staying away from MSFS.

Sounds like more trouble than it’s worth. What a shame.

For a few yes. But millions would disagree.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

It isn't MSFS. I have been running it for 11/2 years and only 2 CTDs in all that time. One was due to the map issue which was repaired early on. I run Nvidea drivers and never had a problem. I am not trying to run it on an old laptop and I don't have any addons. I just use a joystick. I fly one to two hour flights and it works just fine.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

For a few yes. But millions would disagree.

Just reading threads here I’m seeing all kinds of issues folks are having. Not to mention, seemingly after getting it set up perfectly, along comes another update that resets settings and fudges other things up.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Just reading threads here I’m seeing all kinds of issues folks are having. Not to mention, seemingly after getting it set up perfectly, along comes another update that resets settings and fudges other things up.

Yes we do. I cringe whenever an update comes out, but, I enjoy flying the sim, so I endure it, get help when I need it and am back in the skies again :D

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I started to have similar issues out of the blue...in between updates. Somtimes I couldn't even get past the blue line at the bottom while it was loading...bamn, CDT...other times I could get to the "fly now" and bam, CDT....nothing in the community folder, all drivers up to date, just crazy...system less than a year old. I started doing hardware tests and found out that my 6 month old GPU started to have memory failures. Now I've sent the card in for repairs...who knows how long that will take. Start testing hardware, you never know!

It isn't MSFS. I have been running it for 11/2 years and only 2 CTDs in all that time. One was due to the map issue which was repaired early on. I run Nvidea drivers and never had a problem. I am not trying to run it on an old laptop and I don't have any addons. I just use a joystick. I fly one to two hour flights and it works just fine.

Ahhhh,but alas, it can be sir. Believe it or not, my CTD issue was caused by somehow assigning the drone camera key to the hardware that I was using on my Logitech Yoke's Throttle Quadrant. The error does not lie with the hardware, but it's an apparent bug with MSFS. I have to use my keyboard assignment for the camera change. Just some food for thought on this thread about CTDs and what can be the cause. It may not always be what people think, an add-on not playing nicely, or drivers.

• 3 weeks later...