I've been downloading this latest update for FOUR hours now......

I hate to a a complainer because all in all I love MSFS but I started downloading this latest update at 8PM and it's now 12:14 am and I'm at 20 gigs downloaded so I've got another 10+ to go. Average 10-14 mb/s. Absolutely REDICULOUS. this is like dialup. Tried an ethernet cable and that didn't help. Turned off activirus and that didn't help either.

Next update I guess I'll try a VPN. I'm in Canada and I suspect that has something to do with it. Even though I'm on bell fibre optic and my average download speeds around 90 MBs.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

I haven't tried to update yet, but in Halifax I've always had an update stpeed of about 10 Mb/s, despite otherwise achieving an internet connection of 110 Mb/s. I've tried a few things to no avail, but have now come to just accept letting my PC run for a few hours and doing something else during that time.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I hate to a a complainer because all in all I love MSFS but I started downloading this latest update at 8PM and it's now 12:14 am and I'm at 20 gigs downloaded so I've got another 10+ to go. Average 10-14 mb/s. Absolutely REDICULOUS. this is like dialup. Tried an ethernet cable and that didn't help. Turned off activirus and that didn't help either.

Next update I guess I'll try a VPN. I'm in Canada and I suspect that has something to do with it. Even though I'm on bell fibre optic and my average download speeds around 90 MBs.

I too have suffered with slow speeds as well (despite being at 500+ MBS). Everyone is downloading at the same time I suspect is the reason for the slow speeds.

One thing I did discover, is to watch for packages which get stuck decompressing and you are downloading the same one over and over, and not progressing. That happened to me yesterday.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thank you for your responses. I finished downloading all the updates including those in content managed at around 3am. Restarted my computer afterwards and tan MSFS for about 5 mins. Seems pretty good. I'll do more investigating today. Next time I'll try a VPN and pretend I'm in the US. Thanks again all....

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Thank you for your comments!

I only have 40 - 60 MBit/s and have been trying to download about ten times the latest update since it came out. I always get stuck at the same place (59% of downloadinf microsoft-airport-lsza-lugano-0.9.2.fspackage.002" or 9% of total (2,03GiB / 23,52GiB). Don´t you rather think this is an error of the downloading procedure?

OK, try this (works for me). During the download, go into File Explorer and open the folder Official/OneStore/fsbase../ into which the files are being downloaded, which should be easy to find while the download is going on. Find the file whose name ends in "part" and delete it -- this is the one getting stuck in a loop. Close MSFS and re-start. This should do the trick. (If the download still gets stuck, repeat and delete a few more recently downloaded files (which will rewind the download to a slightly earlier stage) and re-start MSFS. Edited by cobalt

Guest Robert455

Hey guys, I only saw this tip this morning and so haven’t tried it to know if it works but there was a post on flightsimulator.com that discussed how to fix the slow downloads. It apparently has to do with your Windows update settings. I’m not looking at the page and going by memory, but there is a setting to use peer to peer (basically a bit torrent kind of connection). I keep that turned off normally so slogged trough the update in a 9 hour download even though I have a faster connection.

I know it doesn’t help this go round but next update I’ll try allowing peer to peer connections and see if that actually works.

Thank you for your responses. I finished downloading all the updates including those in content managed at around 3am. Restarted my computer afterwards and tan MSFS for about 5 mins. Seems pretty good. I'll do more investigating today. Next time I'll try a VPN and pretend I'm in the US. Thanks again all....

Try change the DNS address of your internet service some time this help speed up the download, My son did this option for me so I get a good download when I play the sim. Regards

this may be due to so many having to now reinstallll the sim, yep the servers are in overload/slow .........

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

this may be due to so many having to now reinstallll the sim, yep the servers are in overload/slow .........

So true LOL

I started my reinstallation at… something like 3.45pm? It’s on 97% as we speak (5.53pm)

Not bad going for a Saturday afternoon.

Still got the additional stuff to install of course

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

So true LOL

I started my reinstallation at… something like 3.45pm? It’s on 97% as we speak (5.53pm)

Not bad going for a Saturday afternoon.

Still got the additional stuff to install of course

Regards

Steve

five and a half hours in to reinstall download and at 75%

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Sorry to hear that. Mine is almost finished the additional stuff in the content manager (35gb done out of 37gb)

Mind you, I do have VM 200gb internet :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Mine took quite a long time, possibly 4-6 hours, but it worked fine after it completed. I suspect my ISP was also slow during that time.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10