Keypad: How to install?

Just starting to use MSFS 2020 after a year layoff. Thought I’d try a little USB keypad to control flaps, views and some other things. Unfortunately MSFS doesn’t see it, so I have no way to program it.

Can someone please explain how to do so? Assume I’m “computer challenged.” Thanks!

Hi, does Windows see it?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

My understanding is that the JOHN DOWSON - FSUIPC7 FOR MSFS program will do this. Never tried so don't really know for sure but a lot of people use it.

Available here. https://secure.simmarket.com/john-dowson-fsuipc7-for-msfs.phtml

Not is the Flightsim store unfortunately. Therer may be some other program someone else knows of around.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

Just starting to use MSFS 2020 after a year layoff. Thought I’d try a little USB keypad to control flaps, views and some other things. Unfortunately MSFS doesn’t see it, so I have no way to program it.

Can someone please explain how to do so? Assume I’m “computer challenged.” Thanks!

I can't help much, but I think I remember reading about other people having the same issue.

Are you using a HUB to plug your keypad into? If so, is it powered?

Or are you plugging it straight into a computer USB?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I’m plugging into a powered hub. Should I plug straight in to the PC?

All I see in Device Manager is a bunch of indistinguishable generic controllers. Guess I could test by using it with Calculator though…

I’m kinda slow today… :)

I’m plugging into a powered hub. Should I plug straight in to the PC?

All I see in Device Manager is a bunch of indistinguishable generic controllers. Guess I could test by using it with Calculator though…

I’m kinda slow today… :)

You could try plugging it straight into the pc, but the powered hub should be ok.

Don’t bother looking in the device manager… instead, look at devices and printers.

Go into the control panel.. under the heading “Hardware and Sound” you should see “view devices and printers” - you should see the keypad listed, if it’s working in Windows anyway.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

In my home cockpit I use use many controllers not recognised by MSFS. 13 in fact.

I use FSUIPC7 as previously suggested and do all my assignments in the same software. FSUIPC7 also allows you to assign many things that are not available in the controls menu within the sim. I wouldn't be able to run my home cockpit without it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk