Have been using this sim for several months now with no problems. Used it yesterday and all worked fine today it worked till you get just before the screen says it is now available on XBox and won't go any further. Task manager states it is not responding. Waited for a while but to no avail. Restarted computer still no effect. Anybody had the same problem?

I've only had the sim for a week now but I already had that happen the other day. Try signing out of your Microsoft account, shut down, reboot, and then sign back in. Several have reported that problem both here and elsewhere for almost as long as the sim was originally released last year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz | ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.BLACK (Grizzly Aeronaut paste) | 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000 | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Super Flower Leadex III 850W | SilverStone Redline SST-RL06WS-PRO | Samsung 980 2TB M.2 NVMe (OS + MSFS) | Crucial MX500 2TB x2 | AOC 32" 1440p | Logitech Flight Yoke + throttle quadrant + CH Pro Pedals

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Thanks but had no success.Decided to uninstall program and to re install. Originally purchased thru Steam.Although my internet speed is 50 mbits/sec when re installing from isteam it downloads at 0.8 mbits. Hda let it run fro almost two days and downloaded 283mb.What a waste of time. has anybody had the same problem?

Thanks but had no success.Decided to uninstall program and to re install. Originally purchased thru Steam.Although my internet speed is 50 mbits/sec when re installing from isteam it downloads at 0.8 mbits. Hda let it run fro almost two days and downloaded 283mb.What a waste of time. has anybody had the same problem?

Not AS bad, but yes, slow download speed. I have a 400 m/sec speed, but I started mine at 1pm, and when I got up the next morning at 6am, it was finally finished.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

It is the servers that are limiting download speed. At Microsoft or wherever. Start it again and you will probably do better. If you have to interrupt the download and restart it, you won't lose anything except maybe the current file. I have seen download speeds that are close to 20 mb/s but it is usually slower.

Good luck with it.

Pat

I had similar problem when I was updating SU5 the download speed was around half mb per sec

where my internet speed is 150 or at any time. I knew it was not working so after a while (about half an hour) I cancelled the download then started it again and it worked. Try my method if not successful first

time try again and again you should be able to do it. Do not leave the pc on for 2/3 days, at the rate of

0.8mbps you won't be able to reinstall the sim in this year

Don't just reinstall MSFS if you have problems. In 35 years I have never reinstalled the flight simulator. The only reason I could understand is when the hard drive is broken. Because what should change in this case if the login just doesn't work?

Pino

President of the woh|group

I totally agree Stehle. MSFS has to use X-box app to load many things and do multiplayer so its sort of 'comms unit' for the sim. The app can fail - usually after an update and either 'lose' our gamer ID or the bit that links things.

So if MSFS won't load or fails - try X-box app. There are instructions how to repair that part of it but its far easier/quicker to do this: app manager-delete x-box-switch off-restart-microsoft store-reinstall x-box.

Takes only a few minutes. I have had to do this 5 times since MSFS came out - first time after a sim reinstall which didn't help. By accident I discovered the app had 'lost me'.