I am trying to re-install MSFS2020 since i could not update it, but after formatting the D: drive and downloading the installer i am stuck on downloading ...... Asorbo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000-livery-aviators

I do not know why when i close the program to download i still see it running in the background when i do the task manager

I tried all the comments i could find online and even run in admin mode but no change

please help

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Hi Johny, there some similar posts on the official forum.

This one is old but might still be relevant...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/installation-stuck-at-file-asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000-0-1-82-fspatch/426642

Some are suggesting deleting more aircraft from the OneStore folder. They will be put back later (assuming you manage to install the sim)

If you were going to do that thigh, I’d move the aircraft folders rather than actually delete them.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

i formatted my harddrive (everything gone) now trying to reinstall as if i just bought it, that should have worked NO ????
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Hi Johny, I was going by your previous posts when you said you had deleted the folder. I thought it was the C172 aircraft folder, but I realise now it was everything.

I’m guessing you have you have two hard drives & the initial part of the sim was installed on your c drive? If so.. is the sim listed when you press your Windows key and start typing.. flight? If so then click on App Settings and try Repair.. or Reset. You never know, it might work.

You could also do the same for the Store.

While you’re at it, update everything in the store (check for updates anyway, there may not be any)

and.. I would check for Windows Updates and install everything available.

Worth a try?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

When uninstalling programs, Never, ever just delete the folder. You want to right click on the Windows 10 menu where the Flight Sim program is, and select, "UNINSTALL" This more than likely is part of your problem.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

When uninstalling programs, Never, ever just delete the folder. You want to right click on the Windows 10 menu where the Flight Sim program is, and select, "UNINSTALL" This more than likely is part of your problem.

I second that.

Johnyyz I presumed you had uninstalled it initially, but looking at all your previous posts you only said “deleted”

Press the Windows key and start typing “flight”

Hopefully flight sim will be listed... click on app settings (to the right) and scroll down to “uninstall”

Give it a few minutes (I always find it doesn’t actually tell you when it has finished uninstalling) then delete any new folders that it put on your d: drive then reboot.

Back to the store and try again..install flight sim..followed by Digital ownership...then launch the sim. You know the rest.

Regards

Steve