Can't Go to Vienna (LOWW), No Way, No How!

This is a new one. I've had troubles with CTDs off and on, but I've not previously had trouble when merely starting at a given airport (exception: the Geneva (LSGG) payware add-on, which doesn't work for me -- and others here).

My wife and I are planning a post-covid junket to Vienna in September, so I'd thought I'd check it out from the air. But it turns out that entering LOWW as the flight origin crashes the sim to desk. Every time. Aircraft and weather seem to make no difference.

Is there a fix? Are there known to be rogue airports in MSFS which always crash to desk?

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Does it happen wherever at the airport you start off from? (any gate..ramp..etc)

Just gone there myself and didn’t have a problem.. except that it’s raining heavily & in the middle of a thunderstorm, according to Flight Sim’s live weather anyway LOL

Do you have any scenery addons that might be causing it?

73 Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

All I do is set LOWW and let the sim situate me for takeoff.

How would I know if any of my add-ons are causing it?! Whatever they are, they're not causing a problem at any other airport (yet). In any case, I have no scenery add-ons in Europe at this time.

I tried going to LOWW myself, and it let me spawn there no problem... in the middle of a thunderstorm as 73 Steve had said. I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but I was not able to replicate your issue.

I might suggest using Event Viewer / Administrative Events, to see exactly what happened and what path and module it says was responsible. I know that may be an overly obvious suggestion, but it couldn't hurt.

Years ago, I had a CTD issue in FS2004 when I added 10m scenery mesh for Hawaii. Went to PHNL, crash. Turned out to be a memory leak in the files. I know you say you have no add-ons, so this may be of absolutely no help to you... but I thought I'd just throw out some ideas. Maybe one of them will point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

One more datum: Yesterday, I cheated the sim: went to Innsbruck (LOWI) and flew to Vienna (LOWW) and was able to land without incident. Then I went to Main Menu and tried to initiate a flight from LOWW. CTD! (Of course.)

Event Viewer/Admin Events may be obvious, but the info is utter gobbledygook. In any case, none of the few errors listed mentions MSFS.