Anybody having trouble with msfs sound that annoying music and the hat switch from hold to toggle wont stay happened with the last update... other wise the Sim is working fine

Can't help with the toggle, but if I remember correctly, there is a setting inside the sim where the music can be turned off :)

Perhaps under Accessibility?? Or the first one under Sound?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Anybody having trouble with msfs sound that annoying music and the hat switch from hold to toggle wont stay happened with the last update... other wise the Sim is working fine

Hi, I presume you’re talking about the menu music?

Simply go into options.. then general options... click the “sound” tab (to the left) and scroll right down to the bottom, where you will see a music slider. The default setting is 100 - just move it down a bit (or completely to mute it if you wish) then press save & apply.

check out this video if unsure..

As for the top hat, you will need to go into the control settings page and change that. Maybe you could provide a bit more info (what control is it supposed to be set at?)

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

By turning it off... you moved the slider down?

(as in my video..

)

Instead of then pressing “save and apply” try leaving the menu, but then saving when it prompts you.

Also, did you know you can change the music? There’s not much to choose from though (you’ve got “legacy” from FSX and some other weird tune)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

The music has never really bothered me personally & mine has always been set to 100%.

Out of curiosity, I thought I would drop mine level to zero... save & apply... then exit the sim.

I launched it again, & like yours... the music came on again! However, it only plays for two or three seconds and then stops.

I’ve have read in other forums that others have also noticed this. This music comes on but very briefly. It’s clearly a bug, especially if yours keeps on playing after you have muted it. I wouldn’t have thought it was a priority though.

Regards

Steve

Steve the music i can turn off by the speakers but the hat switch if i don't turn it to toggle i have to hold it right or left up or down.....

Can you be a bit more specific? I’m guessing you are wanting to use it to pan around the cockpit, but instead it is only looking left..right..etc as long as you are holding it... and You have to change this in the settings everytime you launch the sim? (but like the music, it doesn’t actually save the setting?)

What controller are you using?

Regards

Steve

Can you confirm what your top hat is set to please?

Also what you keep changing it to?

I am guessing the left & right top hat buttons etc.. are set to "cockpit Quickview Left".. etc

but what do you keep (unsuccessfully) changing them to? you mentioned toggle?

Of course there’s the possibility you have more than one control setup on the same tophat buttons.

Try setting each switch on the tophat... left..right..etc to "cockpit look left" etc (or even "cockpit look left - lockable)

Make sure you save & apply - see if that works

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta