Is it possible to create a waypoint in LNM flight plan after you've started your flight?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB: Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Z97 CPU: i7 4790 MEM: Muskin Redline 16GB

Cooling: H100i PSU: EVGA superNova 850 GFX: MSI 970 Win7 64 PRO

Yes - but the only way to load the tweaked plan it into the game (and someone can correct me if Im wrong) is to end the flight, go back to the menu screen and load the plan again. Dont forget the save the plan after you created a new waypoint.

What Im waiting for in MSFS is what X-Plane 11 has: you can change the plan in LNM, save it and then load it directly from the Garmin unit in the airplane. Im sure this will come to MSFS just have to wait. In the meantime AFAIK you have to go back to the menu screen.

Once your flight has started, the only way I know to modify the flight plan is thru the AutoPilot. The various Garmin models all have some way to do this, but it is easier in some than in others. The Xcub with the touchscreen version of the Garmin is relatively easy to do this as you don't have to turn a knob to enter the letters.

The airliners with their more sophisticated flight management systems would be able to do this too. But I am not experienced on flying those.

Pat

Thanks, I'll give that a try

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB: Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Z97 CPU: i7 4790 MEM: Muskin Redline 16GB

Cooling: H100i PSU: EVGA superNova 850 GFX: MSI 970 Win7 64 PRO

Flying the WT CJ4 (Collins avionics) if I have time, once I've programmed in arrival procedures given to me by ATC and accepted by the aircraft I'll put new/extra waypoints into LNM, which I have running on a second monitor just to see where I'm being taken.

Of course this is also depicted on the MFD but saves me having to keep adjusting the range, which can be hit and miss with a mouse.

Currently the WT CJ4 can import flightplans direct from Simbrief, but I've never tried to import a new FP in flight.