I have tried both KORF and KCPK with live weather set. The weather in the game isn't even close to what it's actually like. I'm using steam MSFS so I don't know if the weather server is the same as other games but I assume they are the same. My current weather is building storms from the southwest but in the game its clear and no wind or rain... any ideas y'all

Out of interest - does the weather in the game match up with the in-game met reports?

How about an externally sourced metar for the same place?

I ask because I "fly" with whatever info I've received. When you fly in the real world you have to take what you're given so what does it matter if real world weather doesn't match in-game?

To be fair I find UK weather tends to be quite accurate vis-a-vis real world/in game - I actually live over the fence from my local, thus base, airfield and it's usually very similar. I understand, though, that this is not the case everywhere, particularly the USA.

Unless I'm doing something specific where I need particular weather, such as a light breeze straight down the runway on a sunny day, I'd rather just use the real weather settings and pit my wits against whatever it throws at me.

This is, of course, only my opinion and I'm happy to respect other points of view.

See my post about more accurately setting up live weather per Asobo's own directions, here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328936-Where-did-you-fly-today&p=2152075#post2152075

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Terry I thank you for expressing your opinion, its very much taken... I always view others in this hobby as important and helpful.

Neil thanks for the link. I will try it out and let you know what happens.

Happy :pilot: Flyin y'all:cool: AD