Occasionally when I restart a flight, or go back to the menu and create a new flight my Oculus Quest 2 looks like its night time.

The VR on the flat screen is properly showing bright sunshine, but when I put the headset on, its dark like night.

• I reset virtual desktop
  • I restarted Steam VR
  • I restarted headset
  • I restarted Flight Sim 2020

The only thing that fixes it when it gets like this is to reboot the PC

Anyone else experience this or have a clue to what could be going on?

First, I assume you've configured everything to match the advice here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/quest-2-2080ti-link-fs2020-set-in-ultra-best-performance-simple-setup-guide/346291

As for your problem, I experience it too every now and then and am still trying to figure out the the optimum fix for it. Very often it seems to be simply using the Oculus app on the desktop, going to "settings," and hitting the "restart Oculus software" button. That works often but then sometimes it does not. When absolutely nothing works, I do a full reboot of the PC and of the headset, but that only happens maybe once a week (I play every day).

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Hi, if you are using Virtual Desktop then I presume you are trying to use MSFS without the headset being attached to the pc?

If so, then do you have the same issues when using a cable? I would have thought you would need to have the Quest 2 attached to the pc for it to work 100% anyway, as MSFS is a very demanding program.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I’m going to have to see if it works with my Quest One then too :) I see Virtual Desktop has been updated recently & it looks/works better.

Hope you manage to sort yours out.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I tried to set up Virtual Desktop months ago, and it broke my computer. Is it pretty easy to set up now? Any links for instructions?
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I tried to set up Virtual Desktop months ago, and it broke my computer. Is it pretty easy to set up now? Any links for instructions?

I’ve never managed to use it previously either. They’ve certainly improved it. For example, once you’ve connected to your pc, an option to launch Steam VR appears. Plus there’s another shortcut for games.

I’ve just had a bit of a play with it & managed to launch a couple of basic programs on the pc using the Quest with Virtual Desktop. I still haven’t been able to get bigger titles to work that way though. As for MSFS, I’m guessing it’ll only work with the Steam version, not the MS Store version.

I’ve given up for now.

Regards

Steve

When I few with the Quest 2 both cable and over wifi, wifi being my personal preference I never experienced anything like this. Have you the latest drivers for your computer graphics card is all I can think of...

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz