“AC#**** Invalid in a TTools format aircraft file�

ac103010

I’m referring here to 4 aircraft as an example. In each case the first line refers to the Aircraft Ttools entry whilst the second line refers to the aircraft title.

Ttools Aircraft File AC#8771,485,"Boeing 747-267B Iberia TF-ABP"

Aircraft Config Title Boeing 747-267B Iberia TF-ABP

Ttools Aircraft File AC#8772,485,"FlightFX 727-200 Iberia EC-CID"

Aircraft Config Title FlightFX 727-200 Iberia EC-CID

Ttools Aircraft File AC#8773,485,"Boeing 727-200 Iberia STG3 EFLP EC-CBL"

Aircraft Config Title Boeing 727-200 Iberia STG3 EFLP EC-CBL

Ttools Aircraft File AC#8774,485,"Vistaliners Boeing 727-200 Iberia EC-DCC"

Aircraft Config Title Vistaliners Boeing 727-200 Iberia EC-DCC

I’ve only included these 4 here to demonstrate what is happening.

Having created the 3 TTools files, Aircraft, Airports and Flightplans, I ask AIFP3 to open the flight plans file and I get this error message:

“AC#**** Invalid in a TTools format aircraft file”

First off, what on earth does this mean? I’ve searched and searched but can’t find any reference to this error. Nor can I make any sense of it.

Secondly, I can’t see any problems. The Ttools aircraft entry matches the aircraft title exactly in every case. In all of the 4 examples above I’ve copied and pasted, so there are no typos.

Now here’s where it starts to get interesting:

In the error message shown above, the actual error message reads AC#8774. And it’s just the one.

So I block that aircraft and the associated flight plans with that aircraft number, then start AIFP3 again. I get the same error message but this time for AC#8773.

I block AC#8773 and then I get AC#8772,

And so on.

Can anyone please explain this for me? I’ve created loads of other flight plans and I don’t get this.

Please help me to conserve my sanity.

Allan

EUREKA!

Found it.

AC#8775(.)485,

This was the next number in the sequence and it had a (.) after the 8775. Job done.

But I discovered something I didn't know. The same aircraft numbers can exist in different flight plans. So, for example, Flightplans A and Flightplans B can both have aircraft numbers 100,101,192,103, for example, and be totally different aircraft. A revelation.

And yes, IL88, I was aware of the dublicate numbers not being allowed.

But thanks once again for everyone's inputs.

ok.

also, yes, the same number can be used in a different airport.txt file.

e.g.

AC#1 in airports_klm.txt aircraft_klm.txt and flightplans_klm.txt

can be one aircraft

AC#1 in airports_aero_peru.txt aircraft_aero_peru.txt and flightplans_aero_peru.txt can be a different aircraft.

the AC#1 seems to be only neeeded for correctly compiling into a .bgl file.

Makes sense. Afterwards the three files are combined int one file. The .bgl then probably just loads the correct plane using the title= you entered.

(but although the AC#1 number would then not be needed it is still in the .bgl file somewhere. as when you decompile the .bgl the AC# numbers re-appear in the .txt files...)

Another thing you may want yo know. If the title= line you put in your aircraft.txt is incorrect the file still compiles just fine.

If you make a typo you get a .bgl just fine. Just that plane won't appear in the sim.

(At least that is the case with TTools. --- AIFP will probably show a warning like "Aircraft title=******** not in aircraft list, Are you sure you want to continue, Yes---No. ")

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]