I can't control my mouse pointer when in flight simulator 2020 VR mode.

I just installed the Virtual Reality feature to Microsoft Flight Simulator yesterday. After a lot of hours without a manual, I've been able to get in and operate the new software. I'm having only one problem at the moment. Of course, we need to use the mouse for several things while in VR. I can't figure out how to do that. When I'm flying in VR, the mouse pointer icon is there frozen in the middle of my VR screen. It is moveable and can be used on my desktop computer monitor but is unmoveable and useless with my mask on. So, at this point, the only way I can use the mouse is to remove my mask and do what I need to be done on my computer monitor.

The question is how do I use the mouse/pointer for the purposes needed when wearing the VR mask. I'm using an HP Reverb VR mask.

That’s a strange one. If you can see it in VR then you should be able to use it. I occasionally find that I’ll click the mouse in vr but nothing happens.. & then I’ realise I’m running Flight Sim in windowed mode. Always make sure you’re in full screen (press alt+enter) so that you can’t click outside of flight sim. Could that be the problem?

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve, Thanks, I did have it in windowed mode. Works fine now. There is another thing I'd like to ask. When I was doing some of the training classes, the box containing some of the advice text from the cyber trainer was right in the middle of my screen blocking my view of the runway. How do you move those boxes out of sight or at least out of the way.

Hi Terry, glad it was that simple. You wouldn’t believe how many times mine has stopped responding... only to find when I remove my headset that I’ve launched internet explorer or something by mistake & clicking that LOL

I always try to make sure it’s in full screen now when I’m in VR.

As for the training missions... I personally don’t often do these so I’ve just had a refresher and I see what you mean. You can easily read drag the “objectives” to one side (by holding down the left mouse button while moving it) but doesn’t look like you can move the “tips” out of the way. Quite annoying aren’t they? The tips only stay on for a few seconds though but they are a bit distracting when you’re trying concentrate on the lesson.

In free flight you can disable all the tips.. if you go into options/assistance and click navigation aids & notification

However, in training mode the tips look to be always enabled and the options are greyed out so you can’t turn them off

Maybe someone else knows a way but I’m stuck I’m afraid.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys having an issue that maybe someone here can answer. VR works great, seems though that if I focus my eyes on the instruments, I see two cursors. I have to then close my right eye to see the “correct cursor”. If I focus my eyes on the cursor, then I see two of everything on my instrument panel. Driving me crazy.

Hi, which headset do you have & does it happen in all aircraft? There are a few posts about it on the main forums, with most people saying it only affects addon aircraft...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hp-reverb-g2-double-vision/338716

I saw the “double cursor” the other day but only for a few seconds, in the Aerolite 103 Ultralight.

Regards

Steve