MyTraffic 2006 for FS9

pilotposer

I’ve Installed it but haven’t tried to unistall it.

So far it works well. I DID have one CTD that may have been due to a faulty ai texture or flight plan.

While the models don’t look as good as WOI, it’s much easier to get a lot of variety of airlines with the one install as opposed to downloaded them via WOI.

You can be the test subject and try and un-install it and see what happens. :p

If I remember correctly the program mostly adds aircraft, flight plans and afcad files. There is also a module to edit and create your own flight plans using their syntax (which just lays over the 3 file flight plan syntax). So all you would have to do is deactivate the folder with the afcads, remove the flight plans and aircraft folders. I think it also adds some extra voices for ATC which harms nothing if you don't use them.

Someone could correct me if I am wrong. It was a long time ago (and 2 hard drives gone) since I used the program.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Someone could correct me if I am wrong.

No, you're absolutely right. I deteled some days ago the 1965 traffic like this. The reason for that? The aircraft are simply awfull. Installing this freeware program is purely time waiting.

Bernard

I'm going to pass on this one ussmidway. I did some reasearch and found that the program

deletes addon sceneries and I'd really hate to lose them. I never could figure out World of AI,

so I thought this might be fun to use.

WOAI is the best option I've found for FS9 AI. People out there do create customized AI and there may very well be users who have some decent AI setups that are better or at least more modern (liveries etc) than WOAI. I wish people would start to share some of these things. It would be fun to try out what others have put together and would help keep FS9 alive.

I had Traffic 2005 and it was great back in the day because it was fps friendly on my 2004 PC. Today, most people should be able to run the better traffic options like WOAI.

Not sure what issues you've had with installation. Maybe ask here where it goes wrong for you and people can help.

Mark Daniels

I wish people would start to share some of these things. It would be fun to try out what others have put together and would help keep FS9 alive.

There are tons of ai resources out there with paints, flight plans, afcads, etc. I know lots of the real heavy fan sights are fanatical about keeping up and creating for the newest sims but there are still others that make FS9 versions of their work (I'm mostly a FS9 diehard).

It is possible to convert some repaints to FS9 as long as the original model was native to FS9.

I have some links to those websites and blogs in my links page and from there you can find links to many others.

PS: Almost everything I have done is shared freely with the public.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always wondered if

FS9 could be rebuilt with some of today's technology.

If MS had any sense, they would've released a FS2004 remastered version over MSFS. It would be relatively simple to make great improvements to FS9 and have it become a modern "WOW" sim. They chose the MSFS attempt instead OMG!

There are tons of ai resources out there with paints, flight plans, afcads, etc.

PS: Almost everything I have done is shared freely with the public.

Yes, I am aware of this but most of us don't have the time or it isn't the part of FS9 we enjoy spending vast amounts of time on or it's something we just don't have the ability to do. Some love creating AI as others enjoy painting or as some just enjoy flying and creating nothing.

Some people have likely created some really great AI for their FS9. It's AI only they get to use or may share privately between a friend or two.

My suggestion is that people who have put together some great AI share their AI. It should be a matter of putting together AI aircraft to dump in the FS9 Aircraft folder, bgl's to dump in the FS9 World Scenery folder and presto, the user now has completely new AI to explore in their FS9. It would require a simple zip file upload and be an easy install for anyone.

I know the police will step in and say you would be sharing many people's paints, AI models etc without permission.

Here is what I say to this. OMG, stop being so anal! lol

If you use the liveries from this site or the aircraft or download airports, just about all of them if not all are illegal.

FS9 is now 17 years old. We have so many files that are just gone because people disappear, their websites disappear and all their content disappears with it. This is content that was produced to be freely shared.

I play many old games of FS9's age and some of these game communities and their sites use a common sense approach. People upload others files without permission. If the original creator of anything uploaded to the site complains, the site removes the upload. Some sites have been doing this for a long time and continue to do it without any issues at all. It helps keep those games and communities alive.

I think it is well past the time we used the same approach for FS9.

Mark Daniels

I think it is well past the time we used the same approach for FS9.

Sorry but that's not going to happen. The ai community is VERY strict and self policed about sharing the work of others without permission. Even the folks doing conversion packages like MAIW will only convert stuff that they have permission for.

It has been tried a few times and each time met with widespread scorn and ISP's taking down the websites that offered the material.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but that's not going to happen. The ai community is VERY strict and self policed about sharing the work of others without permission. Even the folks doing conversion packages like MAIW will only convert stuff that they have permission for.

It has been tried a few times and each time met with widespread scorn and ISP's taking down the websites that offered the material.

That's a real shame for FS9, it's users and says something about the community without being perceived as attempting to take a deliberate swipe.

I'm also speaking as someone who has several files that are being shared and/or altered without my permission yet I let it all take place.

The files on this site are all equally illegal. How many uploaders obtained an airline's permission to reproduce their livery?

We are very lucky the airline companies reproduced for FS9 are not as protective as the people who use it.

Just sayin' and your response didn't come as a surprise. Thought I would just throw the idea out there and see what comes back! lol

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Repainting an airline livery with a freeware paint on a freeware model where there is no profit being made or claiming it is your original design in not illegal. See how many airlines have tried to make lawsuits for such things (hint 0). When the Traffic programs first came out like MyTraffic the only airline that had blocked their livery from usage was American Airlines.

I am also curious about when you said "most of us don't have the time" to do whatever. This is a hobby and it is done in your spare time because that is how you enjoy spending it. If you want instant gratification then that's what payware is for.

I was on hiatus from producing anything for 2 years because real life stepped in and I didn't have the time. I didn't ask anyone to do my hobby for me.

Hey I'm not trying to be confrontational just that is my perspective on this. Honestly any time I was asked if somebody could include my work in something (like Orbix traffic) I said yes without hesitation.

My 2 cents if its even worth that. :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just so people don't think I'm making suggestions about some individual running some shonky little website sharing old files in this way. Here is one example:

The link below is to an equivalent type site for racing sims as Flightsim or AVSIM are for flight sims. They host content for new and old racing sims just as the flight sim sites do but use a more rational approach for older files. It helps keep the older sims alive for people to enjoy. If I find any of my old content pop up here without my permission I won't be complaining. I fully support the longevity of these old racing titles that I once played.

https://www.racedepartment.com/

Mark Daniels

@Skywatcher12

That looks like a very cool place.

If you really want to get the ball rolling on this head on over to https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/ and make the suggestion. That's where 99% of the ai producers hang out and they have plenty of work dating back to when FS9 was just a youngster.

You never know...

Bring your flak jacket just in case though.

Edited by douga66

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Skywatcher12

That looks like a very cool place.

If you really want to get the ball rolling on this head on over to https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/ and make the suggestion. That's where 99% of the ai producers hang out and they have plenty of work dating back to when FS9 was just a youngster.

You never know...

Bring your flak jacket just in case though.

I replied to your other post before you edited. I'm used to bullets fired in my direction so yes, I may just head over there and see how much ammo they are carrying. I know the AI guys are likely to be the most...let's say...stubborn. lol

I'm not suggesting this for myself either. I've been a prolific downloader since FS9 was released. I have just about everything I need for myself. I also have the ability to self produce the things I may one day want.

I'm just looking to keep FS9 alive and introduce content that people may never get to enjoy any other way.

Mark Daniels

Well then let's remove all the freeware content for FS9 and everyone make their own and if not make it, go buy it.

So you have no freeware content in your FS9 you did not create???

That's not what I am saying, you miss the point. I didn't ask anyone to make the stuff or put it up for downloading. If it's available I use it, if not I try to create it myself. If I can't I live without it or open my wallet and purchase it if available.

I am absolutely with you on doing everything possible to keep FS9 alive 100%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's not what I am saying, you miss the point. I didn't ask anyone to make the stuff or put it up for downloading. If it's available I use it, if not I try to create it myself. If I can't I live without it or open my wallet and purchase it if available.

I am absolutely with you on doing everything possible to keep FS9 alive 100%

That's what I was suggesting as well. There are people who don't for whatever reason have the ability to have good quality AI using AI as the example. I'm simply suggesting let's do things to allow continued enjoyment of FS9 for these people.

Mark Daniels

I'm going to pass on this one ussmidway. I did some reasearch and found that the program

deletes addon sceneries and I'd really hate to lose them. I never could figure out World of AI,

so I thought this might be fun to use.

I've installed this on 2 installs. I haven't found that to be the case. However, I do have new installs anyway and haven't added much of my old scenery back to say 100% that doesn't happen.

Model wise, visually it's not as good as WOI and not up to date if you like the fairly current airliner's flying. But its good on FPS and has lots of traffic and is much easier to install rather then WOI's multiple packages and so on.

WOI also might be easier to track down issues with bad textures and flight plans too.

On a new install, I decided to try it after having it sit there for a while wondering if it would be worth it.

I lack the motivation now for some things like downloading all the WOI packages and found this simple and easy to use and love seeing all the traffic in even remote places. Plus I'm a retro kinda guy and don't care if the AI isn't current.

But I agree with Mark, if you want the best AI, visually, and more up to date, perhaps more control as well as to what you're installing, WOI is the way to go.