Lost 50% of Sound!

Was flying and suddenly lost roughly 50% of my sound volume output. Did all speaker checks and driver checks, reinstalled, you name it, nothing worked. Checked volume meter and barely reaches the 30-40% level while all my other programs and downloads work great! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Are your speakers wireless? The Asobo MSFS forums have some threads about loss of sound using bluetooth devices. Just checked again: stuff like this: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/unable-to-get-any-sound/234119

Have you just tried to select a different sound playback device as default before or while the sim is running? like after plugging in earphones? You could try that, then switch back to your speakers.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Did that with my earbuds and blew me away! Worked fine. It's the game sound from the laptop that's the issue. When I installed it was just fine. This occurred all if a sudden while in flight. Was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling but was trying to avoid that with all the setting changes and joystick assignments I went thru!!! Sent query to Asobo but they haven't answered.

you haven't answered everything yet. So, it''s the laptop built-in speakers that lose sound, right? And now you've got the earphones in, they work swell. So what happens if you pull out the jack, while they work? What's the sound from the speakers then?

´´´\/```

Well, apparently a program-dependent issue, as you said. Perhaps you could check under Settings>Sound that you realtek speakers are pumped up, and then under Settings>Sound>advanced sound that MSFS isn't messing about there.

Then the last attempt, beside a patch from asobo, cos I'm out of brain cells: on the task bar, click the bluetooth icon, and settings. then disable or off. You can always switch it on again later. Check that the realtek is default speaker, and launch MSFS.

Good luck, and do post back if you solve the issue to let us know how you did it.

´´´\/```