Increase sim rate?

Having read the key bindings ingame, I see that the "R" key is the key used to increase the sim rate and using the + and - keys.

However, while up in the air, I select "R" and + and I only zoom in. I have tried holding the R key down and using + (zoom inwards)

I have hit "R" and used the numeric keypad + (nothing).

I read to use Ctrl + (which I have done, nothing).

Can anyone assist me on this?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

In FSX and P3D the rate was showd on the sim 2x, 4x. This version I know it is working observing the distance in the Garmim, 2x and after 4x. Needs attention to return. Try clicking R and after that Ctrl and Numpad + at same time, do this 2 times them acelerate 4x, observe the distance to the destination changing quick

Sorry my bad english

In FSX and P3D the rate was showd on the sim 2x, 4x. This version I know it is working observing the distance in the Garmim, 2x and after 4x. Needs attention to return. Try clicking R and after that Ctrl and Numpad + at same time, do this 2 times them acelerate 4x, observe the distance to the destination changing quick

Sorry my bad english

Your English is fine :) I appreciate you taking the time to help.

The part I am struggling with it using the Garmin. Is that available on the stock Cessna 172?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for your kindness. You have two c172, one with garmin GPS and another without. Chose these with the Garmin and make a plan, direct GPS, and observe. Work, but should have show the aceleration to the user. After you need remember to reduce to continue piloting. Off course you go to do this with the autopilot enabled

Oh, did not know that about the 172, will take another look.

Thanks

Edit-well, there is only 1 Cessna 172, and I was able to figure out the distance trick you were talking about :)

That's the good news, the bad is, still cannot get the sim rate to accelerate .

Does it matter if the auto pilot is on? I had it on initially, then turned it off for this test

Edited by davidc2

Sorry my bad english

I already sent this to the zendesk to incorporate a time accelerator in the drop down menu.