Landing/Take off issues

I have had some problems in the final phase of the landings and take-offs and I still haven't been able to understand if they are the result of lack of experience or some kind of bug.

The plane, and now iam using the TBM, is hard to control on final, it seems that when i try to make rudder corrections the correction is bigger than what i want.

Sounds like you need to set up the sensitivity and dead zone in the relevant menu. You also need to ensure you move/twist the joystick through its range of motions for the config to take, before pressing F11 to save.

Aside from that. some of the GA planes are a bit temperamental...

Vern.

I had to turn down my rudder sensitivity. Even so, it's still a bit touchy, making it difficult at times to keep the plane on a smooth straight line down the runway. The tail-draggers seem especially prone to this problem, although maybe that is a realistic part of their nature (if not just a bit over done).

Also if you have a joystick and Xbox controller connected I find these conflict, especially if you were playing something with the pad beforehand. Always start FS2020 from a cold boot and don't even look at your XB pad if you intend to use the joystick.
I usually have both XBox One controller and my HOTAS connected with no issues. The trick is to unbind all common keys from the XBox One controller in the profile. Since I use the gamepad just for the superlative default drone camera control, that and the two menu settings are the only assigned inputs I use.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I flew in the 152 from KORF for 2.5 hours (all over Hampton Roads) and made a landing at KLFI (a touch and go) and then the final landing at KORD. I used my AV8R-01 joystick to fly, I had the throttle assigned to buttons 7 for decrease and 8 for increase. I had a reay good landing at both airports. I'll try to fly from KORD to KRIC using IFR tomorrow via low airways and see how it goes.... Remember this is a learning in progress game.

I usually have both XBox One controller and my HOTAS connected with no issues. The trick is to unbind all common keys from the XBox One controller in the profile. Since I use the gamepad just for the superlative default drone camera control, that and the two menu settings are the only assigned inputs I use.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try.

Vern.

I had to turn down my rudder sensitivity. Even so, it's still a bit touchy, making it difficult at times to keep the plane on a smooth straight line down the runway. The tail-draggers seem especially prone to this problem, although maybe that is a realistic part of their nature (if not just a bit over done).

Make sure you lock your tailwheel befopr you start your takeoff roll. That willkeep you headed straight down the runway until the tail lifts and you have rudder authority.