Moving about MSFS2020

I seem to be unable to navigate my way easily around the various screens - principally, getting back from being in an active flight to the page where I can select a different aircraft or airport or weather conditions and so forth. Pressing ESC gets me to the page with three choices - General, Assistance and Controls. Pressing ESC again takes me back to the flight. There's no 'Home' option so I'm stuck. I can't see how to simply cancel the flight I'm in and return to the Home page to make some new selections or whatever. And clicking the 'close program' X, top-right, closes the program with no chance to change your mind.

What am I missing?

When you press Escape you should see some options at the bottom of your screen

One of them is “End” for main menu

One of the most useful is “spacebar” to save/load flights!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for that. That gets me about half-way to being able to navigate the way I want. I had been in Windowed mode, as I like to be able easily to step out of the game if I need other apps on the PC, such as this forum! In Windowed mode you don't get those options at the bottom of the screen, only visible while in Full-screen mode. In full-screen mode there seems to be no way to Minimize in order to get at the Desktop. You have to go back into Options, select Windowed mode, save, come back out before you can get your Desktop. All a bit convoluted.

No problem.

The menu does appear in both windowed & full screen mode though (I’m guessing your Win10 taskbar is over it? I tend to run in windowed mode because I have the cockpit stretched over three screens.

My Win10 taskbar is set to auto-hide so I can see the bottom menu if I need to. Mind you, there aren't many options so it should be easy to remember.

To switch back & fourth from Windowed mode to full screen you press Alt+Enter

Hope this helps. Happy flying!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

In full screen mode, you can get your taskbar to appear by pressing the "Windows" key (the windows flag).

I'd advise you to Pause the sim first, and NOT the Active Pause as that only pauses the aircraft, not the Sim. You'd have to assign the Sim Pause manually, and it's not toggle-able, you have to assign one for Pause, and a two-key assignment for Unpause.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One