Hi Everyone,

I have a new CH Products Flight Yoke, but it is the older model. I've had the same flight yoke in the past and it has worked fine, but it has been years since I've configured or used it.

I map the controls in MSFS' Options -> Controller section but when I fly the controls respond terribly. I have to turn the yoke to extremes to get it to respond and then it responds dramatically. I cannot input subtle movements. I imagine the problem isn't the yoke or MSFS, but my lack of knowledge on how to set it up correctly.

I'm not sure if I should be using Mapped or Direct mode. So far it doesn't make a difference which one I choose. MSFS mapping seems pretty straight forward, but again the flight controls do not respond properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work properly? Do I need to create a .map file? Is there a place to download a preconfigured .map file for MSFS? How do I get MSFS to recognize the mapping? Is Direct Mode better? Yea, I'm pretty lost right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

In the Controls section your CH Yoke should be available but not setup. There are several good setup videos. Make sure you setup the Axis X and Y. Not just the X-, X+, Y- and Y+. I also found it helpful, before a flight to move the controls back and forth, fully. If you have the Pro Pedals same things apply, use Axis and "test" them before flight, left, right brakes on/off.

hey grandad... there's a recent thread here with set up instructions and recommendations - please check it out.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?324135-Yoke-configuration-not-working

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Thank you so much for your responses. It is greatly appreciated.

As I suspected, I was doing something wrong. In the Controler assignments in MSFS 2020 I was setting Roll Left and Roll Right. Then looking at it again I saw there was Aileron Axis, I cleared the Roll Left and Roll Right settings and set the Aileron Axis and "boom" everything worked correctly.

Yep, if at first I don't succeed... find my mistake. :)

Thank you again, and safe flying!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @granddadaviator, where did you find the Aileron Axis? I only have the Right and Left Roll. I don't see anything else to map for ailerons. Can anyone point me to a setup video?

Thank you so much for your responses. It is greatly appreciated.

As I suspected, I was doing something wrong. In the Controler assignments in MSFS 2020 I was setting Roll Left and Roll Right. Then looking at it again I saw there was Aileron Axis, I cleared the Roll Left and Roll Right settings and set the Aileron Axis and "boom" everything worked correctly.

Yep, if at first I don't succeed... find my mistake. :)

Thank you again, and safe flying!