Can anyone beat 1hr 32 min download?

FU...... Just kidding. Cgrats brotha ! Im waiting to get this sim until December ish by plan !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I have 450gb internet speed and ssd drive. Just kept coming.

Vb1

Do you mean 450 Mbps internet speed? That is exceptionally fast. The fastest we can get here in Australia is 90 Mbps.

Using https://downloadtimecalculator.com/ and entering (internet speed) 45 Mbps and (file size) 90GB it calculates 4 hours 52 minutes but there are many factors (holdups between your PC and the download server including the server) which would prevent you downloading at a constant 45 Mbps. If in fact you had a contant 450Mbps (not GB) it would take 28 minutes.

Edited by jparnold
add last sentence

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I was at around 1:30 minutes, including some f’ing around because it stalled at the tbm screen with the blue bar. 300 + MB’s here. It only downloads as much as it needs at a time, so anything above 200 MB’s was likely overkill. I’m running a i9-10900k and n.2 nvme drives so that helps unpack a lot too.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I'm going to have to check my network cables - took me well over 5 hours to get the sim via Steam.

1 hour 30 min is just... nuts!

Search the internet for an internet speed test app. Here in Australia I use https://www.speedtest.net/ which might also work in other countries.

John

I woke up super early this morning to get the download going - Figured it would take a while & wanted to avoid some of the later morning download traffic. Turned out to be an awesome decision because I started the download around 2:45am and was in-game before 3:30am. Less than 45 minutes total!

- Of course then I realized the the Premium Deluxe pack hadn't been installed **Grrrrrr**... which added maybe an extra 5-7 minutes once i figured out how to get that going.

FWIW, I'm on a gigabit connection and typically get around 950Mbps down all things being equal.

The average write speed of a HDD is 80-160 Mbps so an SSD drive should make downloads faster if your internet speed if more than that.

Hey how long does MSFS 2020 take to load after clicking on the desktop icon to run it using an SSD drive?

John

54 minutes from the store. Connection is 100bps.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Mine was 16 hours and 4 minutes.

Damn... you must’ve really wanted this.... lol

Longest download I ever had was a scenery pack... a whopping 45 minutes... I’m not as patient as you!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

An hour and three quarters is my guesstimation. Had other things to do. Average connection speed was about 180 mbs. Checked that twice during download. Did not even get to try it. Had to get some shut eye for an early work start. No money = No funny

An hour and three quarters is my guesstimation. Had other things to do. Average connection speed was about 180 mbs. Checked that twice during download. Did not even get to try it. Had to get some shut eye for an early work start. No money = No funny

The only reason I know it was less than an hour is the delivery guys were here with my new bed. I started it about 5 minutes before they arrived and it was done before they left and I was thinking "hurry up I have stuff to do" lol I am unfortunately stuck at home still due to COVID and being high risk but told work I was not working from home yesterday :)

Guy, you should remember the days when we were downloading a file via a phone modem... those download times were common!

Now, I started it before going to bed, the next morning it was there ready to play. Avoids the frustratio of counting how long! Take a sleep pill if you are too excited! ;)

Going off how it fared after the first 45 minutes, mine probably took about 2.5 hrs to download last night. I can't say for sure as I was getting the family to bed, but when I got up in the middle of the night it was ready to go!

I do feel bad for those with slow connections. When I first got internet over 20 years ago now it was dial-up and a big download was over 1 MB lol! Times sure have changed.

Edited by Raven214

Hey how long does MSFS 2020 take to load after clicking on the desktop icon to run it using an SSD drive?

I haven't timed it but I'd say it takes around 15-20 seconds before it hits the first spashscreen on my PC. I have my FS instillation on a 2TB NVMe drive dedicated for apps & games with the main OS being on a 1TB NVMe.

The only reason I know it was less than an hour is the delivery guys were here with my new bed. I started it about 5 minutes before they arrived and it was done before they left and I was thinking "hurry up I have stuff to do" lol I am unfortunately stuck at home still due to COVID and being high risk but told work I was not working from home yesterday :)

Working from FL350?