Need new computer

Hello,

I was really looking forward to the release of the new Flight Simulator and converting my Orbx software to it. I wasn't really worried about the minimum requirements because I had 16 GB Ram and an Intel i7 processor. Only to learn after downloading the game that my computer does not meet the requirements.

Turns out, my i7 is old and not as fast as current i5s and my graphics card is out of date.

I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for computers that will be able to handle the game well and cost under $2,000 and if at all possible under $1,000?

Since I have 16 GB of RAM on my current computer, there is a possibility I can just transfer whatever is in the old computer to the new computer I get if it is compatible, or is RAM now out of date since 4 years ago? (Don't know what kind of RAM at the moment)

Don't really need long battery life or mobility, mainly want something fast and that isn't going to break down in a year.

I looked at some of the other hardware threads, but wanted to start this one as they are particular to my concerns and don't want to end up buying things that seem good but are no longer fast.

Thanks all!

My situation is the same, so I shopped for current generation components to build a new computer. After compiling a list including i7-10700K processor, RTX 2060 super video card, etc. (budget system), I found that iBuyPower offered computers with the same components for around $1,550. That's the same amount as my shopping list total, so I'm letting them build it.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

You don't need a hyper computer to run this, in fact from what I've seen so far on various forums it's the high end users who are running into problems.

I have an "old" I7 4770 CPU along with a GTX1650 GPU and 24Gb of RAM and it runs fine (so far ;) ) on medium settings at 4K.

Vern.

You might give these guys a look, AVA Direct. They are competitive with IBuyPower, but in my opinion a much nicer build. That should run the sim fine, I am running an I7-9700K and the older generation RTX2070. I do have 32gb of fast ram. I think two key things to get, are plenty of ram, and a good SSD or M.2. I am running on an M.2.

BTW, based on my fan speeds, this program is not as demanding as X-Plane 11.4 at the settings I am running for both. The graphics are in a whole different league on MSTS.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You don't need a hyper computer to run this, in fact from what I've seen so far on various forums it's the high end users who are running into problems.

Agreed. I have an i7-4790k 16gb of ddr3 ram, and gtx1050ti. I played on high settings with Toronto downloaded to manual cache and was getting smooth 30fps throughout. Im very happy so far.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk