How well will these specs run microsoft flight simulator 2020?

I'm really excited for flight sim 2020. This will be my first desktop flight sim ever. My system specs are: i7 2600, 16 GB ram, gtx 1650 super.

How well do you think will this system run the game?

If I jump my cpu a generation up, will it have any significant performance improvements?

You’re below the “ideal” specs but over the “recommended” specs. I would wait until release date & see how well your pc performs before upgrading.

MIcrosoft aren’t even showing the ideal specs on their site anymore, just minimum & recommended - and you are above both

If you did want to upgrade, I’d upgrade your ram to 32Gb.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Keep in mind your performance will depend greatly on other factors, such as the monitor you are running. If you are running a single 21 inch 1080P monitor, your system will likely perform just fine. If you are running a 55 inch 4K resolution monitor, you will likely be disappointed. Also, how many enhancements you add to embellish scenery will likely be a big factor. If you run the program stock out of the download, you may be just fine. If you add a bunch of detailed large airports to your scenery, you will probably be unhappy. Each person has different ways they choose to run the program, and all those choices make a huge difference. If you fly a C172 out in western Kansas, you won't need nearly as much system performance as a person flying the 787 out of Chicago.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

It all matters; the more "computer" fluff you have, the better performance you will get. Obviously until the sim comes out, no one will truly know what kind of performance an individual computer kit will output. However, most people here have the experience to know that if this is revolutionary in simming tech, we will need the best computer we can afford to get peek entertainment out of it.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"