FS Recorder

Dave170297

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I have a problem with the FS recorder. I have the 1.3 version for FSX:SE, now it worked fine until Saturday evening, when I was recording a take-off from Schiphol, and I wanted to save that part of the recording (I always record the take-off and landing), so I typed in the name of the file, clicked save and it suddenly freezes, and crashes, and since then I get the following error message when launching FSX: Knipsel.PNG

I've reinstalled it multiple time with no success, looked into the dll.xml, where I saw this:

FS Recorder Module

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX.dll

And I read on a other forum that that shouldn't be there, so I removed it, I could launch it the first time, only to test it out if I would get the error message again. Of which I didn't get. Satisfied I closed FSX to do something else, launch FSX and i get the same error message again? So typed the Module back, but still the same. Reinstalled SimConnect but still the same error pops up when launching FSX. when I press yes FSX will crash after a few seconds, when I press no FSX will run normal but not FS recorder

First of all FSRecorder V2.0 (2010) works better and is more stable. You HAVE to uninstall V1.0 before you install V2.0.

Did you read the PDF to get info as to how the installer works? You can also do 'Manual Install' as is described in the PDF. So you don't have to install it to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FSRecorder....'.

Just put the 'fsrecorder_dll' in the 'modules' folder (under FSX main folder) and then edit the XML file (at 'Documents and Settings\[uSER]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX). Your edit will be to the PATH (where FSRecorder_dll is) which is now 'FSX\modules' folder. Right? Right! Then when you start FSX fsrecorder will be activated and you will see it's menu on top edge of FSX window (press and hold 'Alt' key to see). Not too hard. Just take your time. Read the PDF 'Installation' page. It will work. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

First of all FSRecorder V2.0 (2010) works better and is more stable. You HAVE to uninstall V1.0 before you install V2.0.

Did you read the PDF to get info as to how the installer works? You can also do 'Manual Install' as is described in the PDF. So you don't have to install it to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FSRecorder....'.

Just put the 'fsrecorder_dll' in the 'modules' folder (under FSX main folder) and then edit the XML file (at 'Documents and Settings\[uSER]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX). Your edit will be to the PATH (where FSRecorder_dll is) which is now 'FSX\modules' folder. Right? Right! Then when you start FSX fsrecorder will be activated and you will see it's menu on top edge of FSX window (press and hold 'Alt' key to see). Not too hard. Just take your time. Read the PDF 'Installation' page. It will work. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

Doesn't work, I can get on the FSX launcher, but when I want to start a flight it doesn't load and crashes after a few seconds. Deleted FS Recorder and now FSX doesn't crash anymore

This is from the dll.xml:

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

FsPassengersX

False

FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll

Addon Manager

False

False

bglmanx.dll

FS Recorder Module

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\RecorderFSX.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Navigraph Simlink

False

Gauges\NavigraphSimlink.dll

ObjectFlow.dll

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

PMDG_HUD_Interface

False

PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_Interface.dll

module_init

module_deinit

PMDG_Interface

False

PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll

module_init

module_deinit

RAASPRO

False

False

.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll

module_init

module_deinit

SODE Animation Module

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

as_connect

False

as_srv\as_btstrp.dll

And from dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager:

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

as_connect

False

as_srv\as_btstrp.dll

FS Recorder Module

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\RecorderFSX.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Navigraph Simlink

False

Gauges\NavigraphSimlink.dll

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

PMDG_HUD_Interface

False

PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_Interface.dll

module_init

module_deinit

PMDG_Interface

False

PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll

module_init

module_deinit

RAASPRO

False

False

.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll

module_init

module_deinit

SODE Animation Module

False

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

The problem is that you did not read the PDF installation instructions. FSRecorder is NOT a 'Windows' program so there is no REASON to put it in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\...'.

It's a 'FSX' or 'FSX SE' ADDON (3rd Party) so you just need to tell FSX where to FIND it (the fsrecorder dll) in 'PATH' in XML for it to work. When FSX finds it it will generate a '*.ini' file for it's own use.

So if you un-do what you did with FSRecorder and then (manually copy dll) to '..FSX SE\Modules' folder, then edit the XML to point to that folder FSX will find it and it will work.

I understand that FSX Steam Edition requires FSRecorder version 1.331. I did not look for it but I am sure it's at the Neusinger web page (Google it).

Most simmers don't like to 'fix' someones else's mess. Me I am in here to try to get it to work for you as I absolutely LOVE this program (been using it since 2007). Nothing else out there like it! Good Luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).