How to setup FSX across 2 x RX570's with 5 monitors

Hi,

I have a PC with an i7 CPU and 16GB of ram. I have 2 x MSI RX570 8GB OC GPU's to run 5 monitors. I managed to get all 5 screens showing my Windows 7 desktop without using crossfire. But when I start FSX, the app crashes when moving some windows to other screens, like side views and instrument panels. i messed around with the settings in CCC but now i cant even launch the game. It crashes immediately on launch.

Has anyone had any luck setting up FSX accross multiple GPU's?

• 4 weeks later...

Ive given up on the idea to use 2 gpu's. ive got all 5 screens on the one gpu now. 3 on displayports, one on hdmi and one on dvi. Windows desktops shows perfectly on all 5 screens, but as soon as i launch fsx and drag a view to the dvi display, fsx crashes. ive tried different drivers, different settings in CCC and fsx, but nothing works. if i launch a different game on the dvi display it works perfectly.

does anyone have any ideas?

I have FSX running with 2 cards connected via SLI. I use 3 monitors. My configuration is with my signature. I would start with two monitors and experiment my way up to 5 if I were you. Its a steep learning curve with lots of experimentations with various settings and drivers, and how to get the monitors and the various open windows to behave. It is so hardware / software dependent so there is no standard way for all, but you need to get your drivers updated for starters, do not overclock anything at this stage, start with the stable settings for both your motherboard and GPUs, until you have everything set up and happily working, then -if you need to- increase the multipliers little by little.

Best of luck.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have three 27" displays in a "wrap-around" view using one 1080 GPU, then on a 2nd PC I have a 4th display running gauges, flight tracking, moving map, etc. Setup works great with FSX or FSX:SE. Just throwing it out there as an idea to use two GPU's via two PC's and I would think easier on the system dividing up the workload on two PCs.

I have three 27" displays in a "wrap-around" view using one 1080 GPU, then on a 2nd PC I have a 4th display running gauges, flight tracking, moving map, etc. Setup works great with FSX or FSX:SE. Just throwing it out there as an idea to use two GPU's via two PC's and I would think easier on the system dividing up the workload on two PCs.

Sounds brilliant Marcus, from the hardware perspective you have introduced a second computer to the equation. That can be a life changing step. With FSX / FSX-SE, what method do you use to link both computers to serve the same simming session? Is it cockpit sharing via LAN?

Best wishes,

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Is it cockpit sharing via LAN?"

Yes. It also is important to find add-ons that support this method. So my cockpit gauges come from different sources that support this as well as my moving maps, Super Traffic Board, etc. You might want to search on any hardware or cockpit forums as you can get a lot of good ideas seeing other simmer set ups.

"Is it cockpit sharing via LAN?"

Yes. It also is important to find add-ons that support this method. So my cockpit gauges come from different sources that support this as well as my moving maps, Super Traffic Board, etc. You might want to search on any hardware or cockpit forums as you can get a lot of good ideas seeing other simmer set ups.

Thank you for the valuable information. Please can you recommend what are the best forums out there to look at?

Thank you once again and best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]