Instant Scenery 3 Not Working FSX Steam

Ralie25

Hi all,

I have searched for hours upon hours for an answer to this. I have purchased and downloaded Instant Scenery 3 however it just won't appear in the add-on menu whilst in FSX.

I use FSX through steam and have looked at countless pages on what might be a fix for this, to no avial!!

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can get IS3 working.

Kind regards

• 4 years later...

I've also spent about 100 hrs getting IS3 to appear in the FSX SE menu under the add-on option.

I ended up reinstalling my FSX Accelleration where it appeared straight away. I have the impression that

there are still quite some users that have the same problem. We could ask Mr.Bernard Leuen if he would be so kind as to post his Windows Registry details for his FSX Steam setup.

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Still struggling, flight1 no longer support Instant Scenery v3.07 & so far the google talk about.

going to "c:\users\your name\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml" there no FSX-SE or dll.xml in the "c:\users\your name\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft" folder it dosen't exist. in my win10!

Finally found (hate Win 10) the dll & did all the googled advice & still no joy!

Question is the install exe programed for a single use only?

As after buying IS3 I installed & used it successfully in FS2004 on my win7 PC, no problem.

ThenSeeing FSX on offer from Steam bought that, & installed it on my win10 gaming laptop. i copied over the IS3 install exe which seemed to install IS3 no prob, but even after finding the correct dll, & coping it in to the game. Zilch..

I then tried installing FSUIPC4 for FSX the addon option appears on the top taskbar but only for fsuipc4. Which made me wonder if Instant Scenery 3 is for 1 computer use only?

Anyone know?

Thanks for the reply, the winreg for FSX would be: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games

What I remember from searching the Flight1 support forums is that somehow the ; 'Flightsimulator Steam Edition' line in the Registry is not able to point it to the FSX SE program by itself but that something needs to be added. Maybe we can compare it with Mr. Leuen registry. I use IS3 now on my FSX Accelleration and both work 'miracles' together with 'Steve Parson's' DX10 Fixer and AS16.

I would still like to know why my IS3 would not show up in FSX SE menu but I don't think I would go back to FSX SE. (have no P3D installed)

A_Winreg_FSX_Steam.JPG

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

I would still like to know why my IS3 would not show up in FSX SE menu but I don't think I would go back to FSX SE. (have no P3D installed)

Does IS3 not place an entry in dll.xml or perhaps exe.xml similar to FSUIPC and other add-ons? Maybe it can be added manually as long as you know what the entry is.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel