Converting FS2004 aircraft to FSX

jkinnor

I'm trying to move several aircraft from my FS2004 livery to FSX. Two move properly just by copying the folder from FS9\aircraft to FSX\Sim objects\airplanes (B737-400 and Wright Flyer). The Schweizer sailplane presents a problem. I copied the guages separately with no difficulty, and it flys properly in FSX even with the tow plane. The problem is that the windows (canopy) in the virtual cockpit are all opaque black. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Perhaps a parameter for transparency be added to a cfg file somewhere? Perhaps PhotoShop can be used on some texture file?

I recently got back in touch with my best friend from college. He is a private pilot and a CFI-Glider. He has always flown a Schweizer SGS 2-33. I'd like to experience as much as possible of what he has enjoyed for many years, and get some good training tips from him.

Thank you all.

Jack Kelly

You can have this model in both FS9 and FSX. Available at Simviation. File names are:

233av1a.zip, 1.567 Mb, 1/15/2007, for FS9 and 233av1ax.zip, 1.420 Mb, 1/15/2007, for FSX. Both are by Wolfgang Piper.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

He has always flown a Schweizer SGS 2-33.

I'll be dogged! They STILL use that plane??

That's the plane I learned in back in '74. Took me a week of Dual time, and a week of solo time to get my cert. BFD to a kid turned 14 the day he started instruction. I didn't even know how to drive.

I tell you this, though. Those were other days. MY Instructor, old enough to be my grandfather, almost, carried a yard stick with him in the rear cockpit. He never yelled, or even chastized me, but if I messed up, that yardstick would smack me in the back of the head. Amazing strength of impact for such limited space.

Soon as I could though, I transitioned to the 1-26. No instructor, no yardstick :D I loved soaring the cliffs east of Calistoga. Almost always had great ridgelift. And when it was a good day, the hawks that lived in them would come out, soar with me, play a game of "chase-me". I learned how to do more aerobatics from them...

No high-G stuff, just...fun!

They cheated though. When THEY got tired or bored, they would just land on a cliff-side. I had to go back to the gliderport.

Sorry. Your post about the 2-33 just brought back some great memories!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 6 years later...

I am trying to get the fs2004(fs9) default 747 into fsx since I liked the old default livery but the unexpected happened. An issue with the decal_b747_400.bmp causes the paint to glitched out.

How it is suppose to show:

20220318070840_1.jpg

How it ended up showing:

20220318070840_1.jpg

How MCX(Model Converter X) previews the paint:

ModelConverterX - b747_400.mdl - b747_400  18_3_2022 2_25_28 pm (2).png

20220318070229_1.jpg

20220318070129_1.jpg