A2A P-51 in FSX starter problem

Raceguy

Hello everyone

I am running the boxed version of FSX, Windows 7 and the A2A military Mustang. I had flown the Mustang many times using the manual start option where you click on all of the appropriate switches in the VC and it worked great.

I am now starting to setup the switches in my simpit and have run into a problem. When I click on the simpit toggle or VC start switch the plane starts up like I hit the auto engine start button.

I have tried setting up the start button using FSX, FSUIPC, LINDA and the A2A configurator, each separately, and after removing the previous command setup. There has to be some setting I am missing causing the full auto start.

I have looked in the following programs for a conflict or setting that could trigger a full auto start but found nothing:

FSX, LINDA, A2A configurator and FSUIPC. I looked in the FSX cfg, Standard.XML, FSUIPC.INI and do not see or recognize a startup conflict. Are there other places I should be looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ed

Are you allocating a standard fsx control for this or have you written a Lua script ? I assume you have done a LINDA trace to see what's happening when you use the mouse to flick the switch?

I don't have this particular aircraft but perhaps it is using a local variable to control it ?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi Stinger

I am still learning about some of these settings and did not think to run a LINDA trace. Good idea.

When I set the toggle through FSUIPC I used this L:VAR in a macro:

L:Eng1_StarterSwitch=TOG. Settings for other switches in the macro worked fine.

When that failed I deleted that from the macro and tried the other programs using their built in settings.

I'll check the LINDA trace.

Thanks

Ed

Well, I removed and reinstalled the A2A P-51 MIL, CIV and Accu-Sim. I started FSX and loaded the P-51 MIL then clicked on the starter switch in the VC.

The switch moved up and nothing happened, which is great!!

I must have had a conflict in my P-51 files and it looks like I'm back in business.

Now I can get back to setting up all of the switches.

Stinger, Thanks for offering your help!

Ed

Archived