Active Sky and FSX Current Weather Settings

usb777

I know Active Sky overrides the FSX weather but what should I set the current weather at? I believe REX I once read set it on Clear Skies. Wondered if there might be a conflict using User Defined or Live Weather setting.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

The reason ask is that my FSX default weather keeps reverting to user defined even though I have it set at clear skies. I also have been getting the g3d.dll error all of a sudden. Trying to isolate it and starting to point to my Active Sky.Not sure. Haven't made any changes lately except adding a Saitek Switch Box.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I understand that but what is causing my saved default flight setting from "clear skies" to "user defined" when I start FSX with Active Sky?

Mike G.

You know, maybe Active Sky does change to user defined and I never checked but when I first open up FSX the opening screen says clear skies. Anyway, I was and still am troubleshooting the g3d.dll errors I have suddenly been getting. I did recently overclock but minimum to 4.2Ghz at 1.25V and been running fine and cool like 50* -60* degrees for a couple weeks

Mike G.

Mine has an Active Sky weather theme listed but has checked the user defined setting. I have AS2012. Still learning new things. I am thinking now that you can save the live AS at that particular time as a saved flight and go back in without AS running and pick that saved flight and it will under user defined have that weather setting to fly with.

Mike G.

Man, been testing now for a couple hours, exit flight, change aircraft, change airport, end flight change plane etc and no g3d.dll error. Go figure. I did set up a new clean default flight other then that Active Sky and settings in FSX the same as they have been. Of course reading up on this kind of error leaves me just as much in the dark before I started.

Mike G.

Archived