mrobraven

I have encountered this error which crashed my FSX, any ideas on how to sort it?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: MsftEdit.dll_unloaded, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57dacebd

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00259cf0

Faulting process id: 0x7cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d29037a784d0b6

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: MsftEdit.dll

Report Id: bb523d27-67b8-4037-85d2-142896c6b4d9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

My system is:

4690k OC 4.6GHz

8GB 1866MHz RAM

GTX 1060

Running DX10 with fixes applied (don't tell me to turn it off because it throttles my fps to about 5)

Also running Windows 10 64bit

Addons:

ORBX FTX Global

FsPassengers

PMDG 737

UK2000 Gatwick, Stansted

GSX

I experienced this crash whilst taxiing towards the runway. This doesn't happen when i am in "Compatibility mode for windows 7" but that also kills my fps to about 7, rendering the sim unplayable on a more than capable machine.

Many thanks in advance, Matthew!

Hi Matthew,

It maybe that the listed file (MsftEdit.dll) is either missing or corrupt. As it is a system file (and not a native FSX file) I suggest running the System File Check (SFC) utility. SFC, which is an inbuilt tool and part of the OS, can be used to scan the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I strongly recommend you run the verify only option first to see what problems, if any, you have.

To run SFC go to start > Run, type CMD and click OK.

The resulting window should show an entry similar to this - C:\Users\

Type cd\ and hit enter - this will take you back to the C:\ prompt

To start SFC type one of the command lines listed below and hit enter

If you just want to verify only type sfc /verifyonly (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option no changes will be made if errors are found and when it has finished it will display a list of any errors found.

If you want to find and repair errors type sfc /scannow (again note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option the program will automatically attempt to repair any errors found. At the end of the process one of the following messages will be displayed:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them.

Note: The process can take a long while to run and may seem to have stalled - it hasn't just wait until you get the one of the messages stated above. If is also worth noting that you may have to run the utility several times to fix all the problems. If the first run found multiple problems and states that it was unable to fix some of them, rerun SFC again. This is because one or more of the un-repaired problem file(s) probably relies on one of the now fixed files to be running correctly so that it can run itself.

Regards

Brian

Archived