cessna flight simulator

Dallas2018

Hi group. I would like to build a simulator for my son. And I see that Saitek seems to be the go to people but can someone give me a list of items to make for a real experience. I have the feeling that some product may be better that are made by other companies might be better than the Saitek versions and maybe It would be better to mix and match them. I would like to give him all the systems that he would have at his new school. I would like to make a 3 screen simulator. (Small but realistic) thanks a lot in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Saitek products are inexpensive but don't last very long. The throttle quadrants potentiometers (Probably not spelled right.) go bad rather quickly. You may want to purchase them for starting out and then replace as you go like I have.

I had purchased a GoFlight QT6 throttle quadrant and am very happy with it. I have two flight yokes currently being used. Both are Saitek. One works but I am suspecting that I will need to replace it soon. The other quit working maybe two or three years after purchasing it. I plan on getting the GoFlight Vantedge when it comes down in price or goes on sale. I'm also using a Saitek trim wheel but I have issues with it as well. Pedals I'm using are the CH brand and have never had issues with them.

I'd recommend programming the controls through FSUIPC program instead of through FSX.

Good luck with the project. It's challenging an fun to build but can be expensive and frustrating at times.

Mitch

Mitch

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Archived