Monitor Advice

My trusted Samsung monitor is dying and I am looking for a replacement. Not only do I sim in P3D and DCS I also play some FPS games such as Arma3 and BF3/4. My Question is, will my Geforce 780TI support a 4K or 2K monitor with decent FPS? Also, will a higher end TV work as well as a monitor or will I get ghosting?

I have to say, it all depends. I actually attempted using a GeForce 730 (not 780 though) with a 4K monitor and was not happy. In fact, it did not offer a resolution selection for the monitor's native capability, which I think causes a lack of clarity on LCD monitors. I upgraded to a GTX980Ti with 6GB memory and things came to life. With this said, and I am sure you have heard it hear before, the ability to advance graphics sliders in FSX is extremely CPU dependent. My $.02 is to stick with a good monitor with fast refresh rate and I would upgrade the video card to go with it. If your CPU is not up to snuff you may want to upgrade the machine. And here is the "it depends" part. It depends on your budget. I did things the hard way and kept upgrading monitor, then graphics card which needed a different MB, then two monitors, which made me upgrade the CPU etc. It would have been cheaper to bite the bullet and do it all at once.

Archived