FSX and Windows 10

holmese

Have a new PC with Windows 10, and just Installed FSX, and FSX Acceleration.- Installation and Activation worked fine. - Program starts OK, but then when I am in a flight , after a few minutes, (anywhere from 5 - 20) , it just freezes, and I get a message saying FSX has stopped responding and Microsoft it trying to find a solution to the problem. Sometimes I just have to go into Task Manager and kill the program, as it is just hanging there, other times Microsoft just says it is restarting the program. Which it does. I did occasionally get this at very, very, odd times in my FSX on Windows 7, but this installation in Windows 10 just does it the whole time.

Is it a known problem with FSX and Windows 10 ? and can be fixed , or is FSX now incapable of running in Windows 10 ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ted

FSX works just fine for me under Win 10.

The very first question I have to ask is: is your Windows 10 installation otherwise OK and stable? Is it updated to the latest level, and are your graphics card drivers also updated?

If the answer to both of the above is YES, then go here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259352-FSX-P3D-Software-and-Hardware-Tweaking-Guide

and follow those steps.

Jorgen

There are various reasons for fsx crashes and most have been documented on this forum. My first thought would be to ask if you have updated the uiautomationcore.dll file?

If you have I would suggest reducing your fsx settings to a minimum, try a couple of flights to see if all is well, then gradually increase your settings.

Good luck and check all of those other "fsx crashes" posts.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Archived