Missing scenery

purt

Help please

I have recently purchased X Plane 11 and installed USA and Europe scenery via the installer.

The scenery that I have installed will not now load its as if the sim has gone into Demo mode ie any airport I select in USA or Europe is surrounded by water.

Anybody any ideas ???

Thanks

Steve

if you're online, start the installer again and select add/remove scenery. The regions you have should be detected, and light up blue on the map. If there is no blue, the scenery is gone or not recognized. You can see if it is still there in the XP 11 folder (Global Scenery). Reinstall a region and try again.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Thanks for your reply.

I have reinstalled the scenery areas sometimes 3 times. If I open the sim the scenery is there, if I shut down and reopen the scenery has gone ie it appears in demo mode.

I'm going to try to get my money back this sim is not working for me !!

Just an update to this if anyone is having similiar problems, it appears that this is a known problem and LR are going to issue a new installer, but at up to 5 hours to install one scenery area this is not for me I've asked for a refund.

Just an update to this if anyone is having similiar problems, it appears that this is a known problem and LR are going to issue a new installer, but at up to 5 hours to install one scenery area this is not for me I've asked for a refund.

Hi purt :)

Sometimes errors happens. Especially with beta versions.

You can look at it this way: you didn't purchase a beta version, but a *final* version. So, you can wait a little longer and download the product that you have purchased, when it is officially released as a non-beta. I use X-Plane for ages, it will work, and work well.

I can only suggest, if not too late, to wait with the refund request. You will not be sorry.

Regarding the digital download; by definition its a long download, but it is in most cases faster than having the release (non-beta) sent by mail...

Remember, you have purchased a final product (in its initial version of release), and have the opportunity to use the beta version of it until it is done. If the beta is not working well, you can still wait for the release version.

Hi JetMan

Thanks for your post, my problem is that as I add a new scenery area the installer deletes the previously installed scenery areas.

Following your post I decided to bite the bullet and install all the scenery areas I want in one go.

8 hours later I now have a working XPlane with all the scenery areas I want.

Interestingly LR have now confirmed to me that the problem I have experienced is known about and they are working on a fix.

so you'll be staying with XP-11. You won't regret it. Funny enough I've fired up FSX more times since getting the beta than before, and it wasn't for comparison of the two but to enjoy 3rd party airports.

David

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Archived