New to X Plane

FTD1949

Hi All,

I just started using X Plane in the last couple weeks and am beyond impressed. One question. Are aircraft forward compatible with new versions of X Plane or should I refrain from purchasing add on aircraft until after I get X Plane 11.

Thank you

Craig Evans

Hi

Laminar gave third party developers some early access to X-Plane 11, giving them the opportunity to update their aircraft and allowing Laminar to address potential compatibility issues.

I'm sure that if there are still some remaining issues the developers will give us a free update.

I too have been hesitant to purchase anything for XP until XP11 releases, but I've been reading more and more about updates being done to aircraft, utilities and scenery, so now it's all up to me when I'll open the wallet.

I too am a noob to XP, but I have to say it blows all the other sims out of the water. I love it way too much now. For starters, I highly recommend airports from MisterX6 at the XP site. All of those airports are payware quality (is donationware though), free to download. It certainly bumps XP up a notch in to perfection.

- James

Those add-ons, plus 3000 more are available to download here in the file library:D

What add-ons do you speak of? For me personally, I am very picky about what I download and install into my sim. I big am big on realism, and I have seen quite a few add-ons that really aren't my cup of tea. It isn't any sleight on the developer, it's just what I choose to use. Maybe I've been jaded by the incredible payware that has been developed for P3D and even FSX so with my recent move to X-Plane, I was looking for the same type of quality, without breaking the bank. So much has changed, evolved and ultimately transformed those other sims that I can't keep up, from a hardware standpoint. After moving to XP, I've kicked myself way too many times with regret in spending all that I did on those sims, not recognizing that the cheaper solution was right in front of me. I eagerly await XP11 to see what comes "out of the box" and then I can assess what I feel I should have and go from there.

- James

What add-ons do you speak of? For me personally, I am very picky about what I download and install into my sim. I big am big on realism, and I have seen quite a few add-ons that really aren't my cup of tea. It isn't any sleight on the developer, it's just what I choose to use. Maybe I've been jaded by the incredible payware that has been developed for P3D and even FSX so with my recent move to X-Plane, I was looking for the same type of quality, without breaking the bank. So much has changed, evolved and ultimately transformed those other sims that I can't keep up, from a hardware standpoint. After moving to XP, I've kicked myself way too many times with regret in spending all that I did on those sims, not recognizing that the cheaper solution was right in front of me. I eagerly await XP11 to see what comes "out of the box" and then I can assess what I feel I should have and go from there.

Try the HD Mesh for starters.

Archived