How do you clear all data from an FMC

jparnold

I have noticed whenever I load a flight plan when a different one was previously loaded (and not flown) that data such as altitude and airspeed seem to get mucked up at some waypoints with my FMC. In fact recently when I added changed the SID in my flight plan (using FlightSim Commander), saving the flightplan and then loading it into FSX that the altitude at one waypoint (might have been the last waypoint for the SID) was set to something too low.

Maybe I should have entered the cruise altitude again (although not changed) and then clicked on CALC VNAV again.

OR should I have cleared the previously entered flight plan from the FMC first? If so how do you do that?

Thanks

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

In theory, you simply delete the origin and all the entered data goes away - simply entering a modified plan doesn't do it in all cases. In practice, it depends on who wrote the FMC you are using. A good, living, pilot always looks and confirms that the FMC is doing what you want.

DJ

Thanks DJ

Thanks for the advice which I will check out tomorrow.

I am using the Friendly Panels FMC.

Yes I should have checked each waypoint before I departed as I usually do and make subtle changes to calculated airspeed and altitude but felt under pressure from the atc (in a multiplayer session) as he questioned the first waypoint in the flightplan I had submitted as he did not know where it was (I had used FSC to create a flight plan). He was closing his session in a few minutes.

I hurriedly added a SID to the flightplan in FSC, saved and then loaded into FSX.

John

In theory, you simply delete the origin and all the entered data goes away - simply entering a modified plan doesn't do it in all cases. In practice, it depends on who wrote the FMC you are using. A good, living, pilot always looks and confirms that the FMC is doing what you want.

DJ

yeah its very simple.. be a good pilot :)

Thanks Camryn64

I must try not to be a naughty pilot in the future. In retrospect even though I was being pressured into submitting a flight plan which had waypoints the multiplayer atc guy knew and then getting into the air (as he was about to exit the game) I should have checked my waypoint altitudes etc once I got in the air.

BTW The Friendly Panels FMC doesn't seem to allow the origin or destination to be cleared (which you say will clear the FMC of all data). I have tried selecting them and clicking on the CLR button as well as press the backspace key (after reading the user guide). There was nothing at Youtube.

I then experimented and after loading a flight plan and then loading a different one I then entered my cruising altitude and clicked on CALC VNAV and everything seemed to work ok.

John

Thanks DJ for the advice.

I am a very amateurish 'pilot' who doesn't fly a lot (usually only when I can find a multiplayer session which has someone doing the atc and most are running 10 hours different to my local time so hard to locate) and so would rather fork out Euro 21 for something else.

I just found that I also have the JB Panels FMC/CDU and so will have a look at that one which has some 'rave' reviews' and is free.

Maybe one day I will learn how to set the FMC/CDU for takeoff power settings etc etc.

John

John

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the Friendly Panels FMC is tied to the flight plan of FS although you can manually load data into it.

Not sure if it is a good one but it does everything I want although I'm only using it to program headings and altitudes at each waypoint (I haven't tried to see if you can enter fuel loads, V1, V@ etc).

Have a look at

although there is only background music (no spoken word) which annoyed the hell out me.

Also

John

I have no problems now with previously entered flight plans.

Thanks

John

Archived