Looking to swap to Fsx

bwfc4eva86

Hi, been lurking on here for a while and did post back in 2013 when I was a fs9 user.

Have just got myself a new Pc from scan as linked

https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/overclocked-custom-gaming-pc-uk-amd-vision-ultimate

Will be downloading the Steam edition of FSX and hoping to run at 1080p

Also what's good for Ai aircraft these days.

Also looking for a couple of Greek airports Rhodes and Athens

And A330 A321 and 737 800 Aircraft.

About AI - I use WorldOfAI freeware stuff, but you could try some payware products like Ultimate Traffic 2.

Aerosoft has released some great sceneries for Rhodes and Athens - just google "Aerosoft Rhodes"/"Aerosoft Athens", and they'll show up.

Currently, there is no great A330 for FSX, but the Blackbox and the Wilco A330s are decent (payware), though I use the freeware Thomas Ruth A330, and it's quite good.

About an A321 - try out the Aerosoft A321, it's pretty awesome.

About a 737-800, the PMDG 737 (You can purchase either a 737-800+900 package, a -600+700 package, or both) is considered the best, but I use the iFly 737 (-600, -700, -800, -900, BBJ, BBJ2, BBJ3), and I can't really notice any difference in anything between the iFly and the PMDG, except for the Texture quality, maybe - but, the iFly 737 is cheaper, with more variants (they're both payware). However, you should know that they both come with an extremely complicated and realistic VC, as well as complex systems.

If you're going for all-freeware, try out the Project Airbus A320 Family Mega-Package (from Rikoooo.com), and the Project Opensky (Posky) 737s (most come with an improved version of the default FSX 737 VC, and a lot of liveries are available - just google "Posky 737 Ryanair", for instance).

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

aariking777 has pretty much summed it up in detail. I have used payware AI, but have reverted to WOAI simply because there is so much of it.

I also have some MAIW (military) AI installed in areas I fly regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I remember, Aerosoft sceneries have an installer come with them and do the job for you.

If you download freeware sceneries for specific airports, and they don't have an installer, they will be Zipped, and inside the archive there will be a folder containing everything. You're gonna need to extract that folder into FSX/Scenery/Addon Scenery, (with "FSX" being your FSX root folder), and then, in the simulator, in the window that you get after the splash screen (with the tabs for Free Flight, etc.), enter the Settings tab, and click on "Scenery".

Then, simply activate the scenery you downloaded, in the Scenery window.

About AI traffic - I don't know what you need to do with Ultimate Traffic and other paywares, but my guess is that they have an installer.

World Of AI (awesome, by the way) provides you with a basic installer program, a sort of an AI manager, and then, to install AI traffic of specific airlines, you download them and install using that program.

I won't be able to tell you a whole lot about payware AI add-ons, but if you need any help with WOAI, just ask.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

Archived