Hi Guys! Here is a video (I made) I think you are going to like.

mgovernali

Marco,

I enjoyed your other ('intro') video very much. It gave me a better 'picture' of what it took for you to make that marvelous pit. It's rare for cockpit builders to make video that explains details about build. Your video does that and I commend you. Here is Link: https://youtu.be/eiw71q-MiKo . (Its 40 min long but not boring). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS:I also have a i7 2600k and it works solid, quiet and cool, and I get 30 fps (locked) in FSX Accel.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Congratulations - fantastic job and great details! I have a really dumb question, how do you get in and out of the seats?

CPU I7-960 OC @ 4.0 Ghz, Asetek Water Cooler

Asus P6T X58 MB, 6Gb RAM Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz

EVGA nVidia GTX 570, 1.28Gb DDR5 RAM

1 Tb SATA II HD, Kingston 128Gb SSD (FSX only)

Apevia 800W PS, Win 7 64-bit Acceleration

OrbxFTX Global BASE, OrbxFTX Global Vector, OrbxFTX open LCEurope & open LC NA, FS Genesis World Mesh, DX10 Fixer

Very professional, I hope you enjoy it immensely. Not my cup of tea though. How could I fly my Cessna 172?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Theyorks! yes it gives me a lot of enjoyment flying this beauty. but you're right, no Cessna flying and looking at the jungle animals anymore. lol

Marco,

I enjoyed your other ('intro') video very much. It gave me a better 'picture' of what it took for you to make that marvelous pit. It's rare for cockpit builders to make video that explains details about build. Your video does that and I commend you. Here is Link: https://youtu.be/eiw71q-MiKo . (Its 40 min long but not boring). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS:I also have a i7 2600k and it works solid, quiet and cool, and I get 30 fps (locked) in FSX Accel.

Thank you Mr Chuck! I'm glad that you like my pit and videos. (it is funny that you give me the link to my own video, lol). and yes, those 2600Ks are hard to let go of, even today. marco

Congratulations - fantastic job and great details! I have a really dumb question, how do you get in and out of the seats?

Thank you Mr John! And don't worry, no dumb questions exist in this hobby, we are all at different levels of expertise, and we all came to where we are today from that same little 14" monitor.

Now to your question. My (real) seats are mounted on so called "J Rails." Which - shaped like a J, allow the seat to first slide back a foot or so, and then to the side (toward the window) about 8-10 inches to allow easy exit. Simply do a google search for "j rails" and you'll see what they look like. thank you, Marco

WOW - you really think of everything! I am very impressed.

CPU I7-960 OC @ 4.0 Ghz, Asetek Water Cooler

Asus P6T X58 MB, 6Gb RAM Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz

EVGA nVidia GTX 570, 1.28Gb DDR5 RAM

1 Tb SATA II HD, Kingston 128Gb SSD (FSX only)

Apevia 800W PS, Win 7 64-bit Acceleration

OrbxFTX Global BASE, OrbxFTX Global Vector, OrbxFTX open LCEurope & open LC NA, FS Genesis World Mesh, DX10 Fixer

Marco,

Quote: '...you give me the link to my own video..'. Well, sometimes it's hard to find the GOOD videos at YouTube as they 'push' their own garbage. This way no search is required for the gang. They just go right to it. Service with a smile.

Chuck

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

WOW - you really think of everything! I am very impressed.

Thank you John my friend, but the truth is that if are going to build a properly dimensioned cockpit - you haven't got much of a choice, it would be next to impossible (unless you're an acrobat) to get in and out of the seats - without said "J-Rails."

thank you very much. Marco.

Marco, Quote: '...you give me the link to my own video..'. Well, sometimes it's hard to find the GOOD videos at YouTube as they 'push' their own garbage. This way no search is required for the gang. They just go right to it. Service with a smile. Chuck

I know what you were trying to do Chuck, I was just "pulling your leg"..lol

marco

Archived