Which toggle switch ?

stinger2k2

Hi

I need a 3 way toggle switch to perform this lights function....Off-Taxi on - landing on.

Ie it needs to perform off-on-on.

Is it best to get a on-on-on three way toggle switch for this or do I need something different as I cannot find an off-on-on switch.

Thanks

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I would get an On-Off-On switch. Mount it vertically. The upper position is for landing lights. The lower for taxi. Center is off.

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Ok thanks John. Appreciate the reply. Having not played with fsuipc yet I didn't know if it needed to see an on signal from the switch for the off potion in FSX if you get my meaning. In that case I suppose I could buy an on-on-on but not connect the first position? (Trying to emulate the correct switch sequence )

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

FSUIPC will allow you to program a switch for the On function and Off function. In your case, the SPDT switch will be read as two switches. Switch 1 can be set to Taxi lights and switch 2 will be set to landing lights. In both cases you would set the Off to off.

If the taxi and landing lights are on-off functions, you would just set the parameter for On to 1 and the off parameter to 0. If the function is a toggle, flipping the switch from one status to another will toggle the lights on and off.

Did I help or confuse you more? :)

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Archived